Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash no sound

Default Flash no sound

Hi there,
    I recently updated to 11.2 - everything is running smoothly, except sound with Flash in Firefox.

I installed the latest plugins (32 bit also) from Adobe's website and download.openSuse and checked that the volume is cranked up - no sound with Flash videos (youtube and the like).

When I log in, the welcome sound plays.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Best,
    Knut

Default Re: Flash no sound

I had this problem once, and the solution was that I had to change audio to PulseAudio.
    OpenSuse 11.2 x64 + Kde 4.4.2 Release 234

I tried Pulse Audio - still test sound in Yast plays, but still no sound in Flash (youtube).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carverknut View Post
    I tried Pulse Audio - still test sound in Yast plays, but still no sound in Flash (youtube).
    Some openSUSE-11.2 users with firefox noted that their PCM volume control would dynamically jump to zero volume when they started a flash video. After starting flash, check your PCM volume control in your mixer.

Some openSUSE-11.1 users noted to get sound working in flash they had to remove libflashsupport (but keep flash-player). I do not know if that problem is applicable to openSUSE-11.2.

Note PCM volume control is NOT the same as "master" nor "speaker" volume control labels.

Blog Entries

You might have the PCM channel in your mixer muted or 0. If you want to be sure all is open, run 'alsamixer' in a terminal, while playing flash in a browser. Fool around with the levels and see what it does.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Blog Entries

I installed the latest plugins (32 bit also) from Adobe's website and download.openSuse and checked that the volume is cranked up - no sound with Flash videos (youtube and the like).
    I have never obtained flash from Adobe's web site (I've always used the SuSE-GmbH packaged version) so that could have introduced complexities I am not familiar with. Time for me to leave this thread (having just joined).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    You might have the PCM channel in your mixer muted or 0. If you want to be sure all is open, run 'alsamixer' in a terminal, while playing flash in a browser. Fool around with the levels and see what it does.
    That's a good one!
    Could be solution I reckon.

I had to chuckle at this - But there's a deal of sense in it.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Interesting: if I run alsamixer, I can modify the onboard sound card's volume. The active card is a PCI card, though.

How do I explain alsamixer to use the "real" sound card?

got it - still no sound from the speakers (PCM set to 100)

Blog Entries

Interesting: if I run alsamixer, I can modify the onboard sound card's volume. The active card is a PCI card, though.

How do I explain alsamixer to use the "real" sound card?
    Make certain you have the card you wish to use (for firefox) set as the primary card. Please read the guidance here in step#9: SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE - step#9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast