KDE anpassen ik netzwerk

Wir planen unsere Clients in Teilen auf Linux umzustellen.
Dazu sind natürlich Anforderungen gestellt, d.h. z.B.der Desktop muß netzwerkweit zentral zu managen sein.
Ich habe mich mit suse11.2 versucht dies zu gestalten.

Leider ist es schwer den richtigen Ansatz bzw. Vorgehensweise zu finden. Das Kiosktool für KDE4.3 von Suse 11.2 arbeitet nicht bzw. ist Sch… Die vom System erstellten config Dateien im Profil des Nutzers sind ziemlich undurchschaubar bzgl. Parameter und Herkunft.
Vielleicht hat jemand eine Tip oder noch besser Erfahrungen wie man sich diesem Thema nähert.

Danke

Versuch mal in englisch, die Forumsprache. Mein deutsch genügt nich um dich zu antworten.

we want change our Clients from Windows to Linux. But we must confirm some requirements. f.i. the KDE4 Desktop must be manageable.
My problem is the correct way for these. the kiosktool from opensuse11.2 isn´t work.
have any a howto or practical knowledge to do this.

thanks

There’s a lot of ways. One could think of remote desktop programs etc.
In networks I always put /home for all users on a server. That way the KDE4 desktop is managable on the server or from any place in the network.

There’s (open)LDAP, NIS combined with NFS, all depends on what exactly you want to achieve.

ok this is a way . but if i have 1000 users and i must change one thing for all users.

for 1000 user is this not cool.

you know, the admin is saerch for tools and ways to make the live easier. Do you have a tool for this work and distri in all home directorys?

thanks

Still, should be possible. Maybe it’s better to start a new thread with an proper english title. I know there’s members around that know how to do this on a large scale.