Thread: KMess doesn't start

Default KMess doesn't start

Hi,

I'm using openSUSE 11.2 KDE 4.3.3 and I installed Kmess 2.0.2-2.23 with a 1-Click Install from the community repository.

When I try to run it, I doesn't start. In Konsole, I get the following error message :
    Code:
    kmess: symbol lookup error: kmess: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData7detach3Ev
    I uninstalled the packages and tried a 1-Click Install from the Factory repository, but same problem...

I would like to try this software which seems to be the most user-friendly clone of Windows Live Messenger for Linux.

Thanks for helping me,

AGui

Blog Entries

Default Re: KMess doesn't start

Did you install this via rpm?

I read this on a forum;
    Go into kmess source dir and check if cmake/check-qca2-ossl.sh has exec permission; if not just do as user
    Code:
    chmod 755 cmake/check-qca2-ossl.sh
    KMess Help • View topic - Compiling kmess

If you did install it via rpm, submit a bug report to the packager.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Default Re: KMess doesn't start

Thanks for answering so quickly.

I installed it using 1-Click Install. I searched Kmess on this page : Software.openSUSE.org

So yes, I guess it downloaded a rpm from the repository and installed it on my system.

I also saw the thread on the forum, but it was about compiling. So there is a problem with the rpm ? How can I submit a bug report to the packager ?