HP Photosmart Premium / c309a does not print on photopaper

Good afternoon,
I have a brand new HP Photosmart.
I am using digiKam and try to make it print photos from the photo paper tray. But it only uses the normal tray.

If I select the photo paper tray before printing manually from the try icon tool I get a message the paper was not ok “Papier unzulässig”.

Additional info:
I cannot make it print under gimp at all.

I use Suse 11.2 64bit and hplip 3.9.8

installing 3.9.12 did the charm… at least for digikam

Glad to read it worked.

I have same printer on our home LAN (connected via wireless) and I am happy with it.

I noted for printing on printable CDs that it was a bit tricky. I had to first setup the default printing for CDs, and then go and change the printing in gimp to print to CD. If I did not setup the default first, it would not work … I’m using hplip 3.9.8.

sounds a bit similar here. I do not really get it working in gimp at all. well, but I can print pretty well from okular…
not convenient… but it works.
however there seems to be some concern if the settings in the hplip tool and the software’s print dialogue are not the same, eg. paper quality, size, draft or photo…

btw:
after only 48 pages (and just maybe half a dozen photos 5x4" / 10x15 cm the cyan is empty!
Unbelievable!!!

Frankly, my ancient HP-Deskjet-5652 with its initial “smaller” cartridge that came packaged with its printer had similar life to what I’ve seen in the HP Photosmart Premium C309a. Except the cartridge in the 5652 was SIGNIFCANTLY (and is SIGNIFICANTLY) more expensive.