Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HowTo install VirtualDub under wine with deshaker plugin

Default Re: HowTo install VirtualDub under wine with deshaker plugin

Thanks, I will try it.

multismo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    • Step-3 : mcf42 . (possibly not needed with deshaker-2.5)
    • Step-4 : Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistrib Package.(possibly not needed with deshaker-2.5)
    I installed VirtualDub under wine with the deshakerplugin on my recent openSUSE-11.3 install (on my Intel Core i7 920 PC) and I can confirm I did not need to do these two steps (#4 and #5). VirtualDub is running ok under wine with the deshakerplugin with:
    • 64-bit openSUSE-11.3 KDE-4.4.4
    • wine-1.2-0.1.1
    • VirtualDub-1.9.11-build32842
    • Deshaker plugin v.2.6 (2011-01-08)
    • FDSHOW beta7_rev3154_20091209.exe
    • Xvid-1.2.2-07062009.exe

It does a nice job of stabilizing otherwise shaky videos.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    ... however with the "deshaker" plugin it offers a capability that to the best of my knowledge does not exist in Linux, and hence I thought this worth while.
    Having created this guide over a year and a half ago, I would be remiss if I did not point out that recently I had pointed out to me how to stabilize videos using strictly linux applications. There is a blog explaining how to do this with transcode and mplayer: Deshaking videos with Linux

Following that quoted guide, I found it essential to use the " --mplayer_probe" argument, else it would not work for me (with the videos that I was using for an input).

ie First Pass:
    Code:
    transcode -J stabilize --mplayer_probe -i yourmovie.avi
    and Second Pass:
    Code:
    transcode -J transform --mplayer_probe -i yourmovie.avi -y raw -o yourstabilizedmovie.avi
    I note that I can mostly obtain a better quality stabilization with Virtualdub and wine, but I am still learning how to use the transcode method, and so things could change.

Blog Entries

In line with the theme of this thread (using VirtualDub under wine to stabilize a video), a MacIntosh ( ! ) friend of mine pointed out this x264 codec : x264vfw - Browse /x264vfw/1_715bm at SourceForge.net which when I run the executeable under wine :
    Code:
    wine x264vfw_1_715bm.exe
    installed an x264 encoder and it works under wine with VirtualDub.

This gives me the choice now (in Virtual dub) of choosing either xvid codec output (from above in a previous post using Xvid-1.2.2-07062009.exe) or x264 codec output.

Blog Entries

I note the above Dec 2009 guide works with openSUSE-13.1. I tested with

• wine 1.7.2-2.1
    • VirtualDub-1.10.4-32bit
    • Deshaker30
    • ffdshow_rev4500_20130106
    • vcredist_x86
    • Xvid-1.3.2-20110601

With the improvements in VirtualDub and the Deshaker plugin, it works better than ever.

Post Re: HowTo install VirtualDub under wine with deshaker plugin

Hi, I have created an installer to setup VirtualDub and all needed things (including Deshaker) in one step, it would be nice to know if it works fine under wine.

It is here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...O/1425352862/1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ale5000 View Post
    Hi, I have created an installer to setup VirtualDub and all needed things (including Deshaker) in one step, it would be nice to know if it works fine under wine.

It is here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...O/1425352862/1
    Yes, it seems to work. I tried it today 14-May-15.

It took me a while before I was willing to test it, as I did not have a 'clean' PC in which to use for what I considered a proper test.

After installing it, it also took me a while to get running. Virtualdub under wine is a bit sensitive to codecs being installed, and if the codecs don't like wine, then vitualdub will crash. The codecs setup with the script are different than what I have installed, so it took me a while (some trial and error) to find a 'compression' (codec) in virtualdub that did not result in a crash.

But it does work in wine, and its a fast way to get this up and running - especially if one knows which compression to use. Thanks for creating the script.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12