Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to reinstall YAST

Default Need to reinstall YAST

I was removing some applications from within YAST and when I finished and exited YAST I could not get back in. The link from withing he start menu was missing and I could not start it from the command line.

I went to opensuse.org and tried to use the one click installation but that did not work so I used zypper to install it instead.

Now I can type YAST2 at the command line but all I get is empty window.

Any suggestions on how I can get YAST reinstalled?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need to reinstall YAST

try:

zypper in yast* -f
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I tried zypper in yast* -f and it installed a bunch of rpm files and now I can open YAST2 and the options are there but every time i select one I get the follower error message

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'YUIPluginException'
    what(): Couldn't load plug-in qt
    YaST got signal 6 at YCP file Wizard.ycp:707
    /sbin/yast2: line 454: 14414 Aborted $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $

I tried removing all of the yast2-qt packages and then reinstalled them with zypper but I am still getting the same error message.

Blog Entries

What version of openSUSE is this?
    And what desktop are you using?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I am using OpenSUSE 11.1 and KDE.

Blog Entries

Now please open a terminal and post result of this

zypper lr -d
    Leap 15.1_KDE

zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | -c | -c | Yes | No | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss/suse |
    2 | 20091025-132043 | 20091025-132043 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/windowmanagers/openSUSE_11.1 |
    3 | home:mmj:branches11:windowmanagers | home:mmj:branches11:windowmanagers | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/home:/mmj:/branches:/X11:/windowmanagers/openSUSE_11.1 |
    4 | network_utilities | Network Utilities (openSUSE_11.2) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/network:/utilities/openSUSE_11.2 |
    5 | openSUSE:11.1 | openSUSE:11.1 | No | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    6 | repo | Main Repository (NON-OSS) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    7 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    8 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
    9 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    10 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    11 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | No | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
    12 | repo_1 | Main Repository (OSS) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
    13 | repo_2 | openSUSE BuildService - XFCE | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.1 |
    14 | repo_3 | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1 |
    15 | repo_4 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1 |
    16 | repo_5 | openSUSE BuildService - Database | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/database/openSUSE_11.1 |
    17 | repo_6 | openSUSE BuildService - PHP | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1 |
    18 | repo_7 | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
    19 | repo_8 | Packman Repository | No | No | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |
    20 | server_monitoring | Server Monitoring Software (openSUSE_11.2) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_11.2

Blog Entries

deleted - please wait
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Blog Entries

Sorry. I think you need to be more radical.

I suggest removing anything that is for 11.2
    As you are using 11.1

My personal recommendation would be to use the repos listed here:
    Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide - openSUSE Forums
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority |
    1 | packman | packman | Yes | Yes | 90 |
    2 | Updates | Updates | Yes | Yes | 99 |
    3 | Non-oss | Non-oss | Yes | Yes | 120 |
    4 | Oss | Oss | Yes | Yes | 120 |
    Then do

Code:
    zypper ref
    Code:
    zypper dup
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Thanks. It took a while but I just finished the zypper dup and it looks like the issue is resolved.

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast