Multiple Desktop backgrounds, KDE 4.3

I have read that it is possible to give different backgrounds to different desktops in KDE 4.3, but I have yet to find how to do it. Is it really possible and if so, how do I do it?

Hi,

Make sure you’re using the default Desktop containment. Then click on the “cashew” looking thing at the top right of your screen. Choose configure plasma, then check “Different activity for each desktop”. You can now use different backgrounds and containments for each desktop.

Take Care,

Ian

I tried that and found that the widgets don’t stay consistent throughout the different desktops. Whenever I check “use a different activity for each desktop,” “Use a separate dashboard” gets checked.

You have to change to plain desktop after it’s been set.

Yes, this is correct. For each activity you can have different backgrounds, widgets, or anything else. In order to have the same stuff you have to add it to each desktop.

Take Care,

Ian

thanks for the help , man is it hard trying to learn a new os, but its worth it to get rid of MS WINDOWS. thanks again

You are welcome. This is one of the less obvious things to solve (and that is an understatement). Most things are more logical to find. Wishing you success.