Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bomgar

  1. #1
    Chris NNTP User

    Default Bomgar

    Hi All,

    Anybody managed to install and run Bomgar on OpenSuse
    11.2 ?

    I can install it properly, however it cannot run.

    The client seems to start, but then crash with the following
    error:

    # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime
    Environment:

    #

    # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x6ef6c7a2, pid=20281, tid=3076291440

    #

    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)

    # Problematic frame:

    # C [libxul.so+0x5067a2]
    _ZN19nsACString_internal6AppendEPKcj+0x46

    #

    # An error report file with more information is saved as
    hs_err_pid20281.log

    #

    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

    # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

    #

    bug-buddy: /home/czemella/.bomgar-
    rep/websupport.novell.com/xulrunner/libnss3.so: version
    `NSS_3.12' not found (required by
    /usr/lib/libnsssharedhelper.so.0)

    anybody has a clue about how to fix this ?

    TIA,

    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: Bomgar

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:26:51 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > Anybody managed to install and run Bomgar on OpenSuse
    > 11.2 ?


    Which piece of Bomgar are you running? I haven't tried it yet, but I can
    give it a try this week since we use it where I work.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Moderator

  3. #3
    Chris NNTP User

    Default Re: Bomgar

    Hi Jim,
    I'm trying to install the client, as we also use it as
    a support tool where I work.

    I heard someone who managed to run it on and upgraded 11.2
    from 11.1 x86_64, but my case is a clean 32 bit install, and
    their steps doesn't fit.

    Thanks,
    Chris



    Jim Henderson wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:26:51 +0000, Chris wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody managed to install and run Bomgar on

    OpenSuse
    >> 11.2 ?

    >
    > Which piece of Bomgar are you running? I haven't tried it

    yet, but I can
    > give it a try this week since we use it where I work.
    >
    > Jim



  4. #4
    cedwards123 NNTP User

    Default Re: Bomgar

    I use it at my work and I have had no problems with bomgar and opensuse 11.2. What version of the bomgar software are you using?

  5. #5
    Chris NNTP User

    Default Re: Bomgar

    cedwards123 wrote:

    >
    > I use it at my work and I have had no problems with bomgar

    and opensuse
    > 11.2. What version of the bomgar software are you using?
    >
    >

    I finally fixed the issue, the problem was related to the
    Java version I was running.

    I removed java-1_6_0-openjdk and to install java-1_6_0-sun,
    rebooted and reinstalled Bomgar, and now it runs fine.

    Thanks,
    Chris


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: Bomgar

    On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:39:53 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > I finally fixed the issue, the problem was related to the Java version I
    > was running.
    >
    > I removed java-1_6_0-openjdk and to install java-1_6_0-sun, rebooted and
    > reinstalled Bomgar, and now it runs fine.


    That's good to hear, Chris - sorry I haven't had a chance to check on
    this - I started my vacation yesterday and had intended to set this up to
    test, and ended up down with some nasty 24-hour bug. :-(

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •