Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Configuring Wine with a patch Problems

Default Configuring Wine with a patch Problems

OK this is getting a newbie frustrated,

I simply want to patch, compile, and install a specific version of wine.

Firstly I am fambouzzeled by the git process, so any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated, but I bypassed that and found some source code, patched it but it won't compile...
    here is my error

ack@linux-cf5e:~/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33> ./configure
    checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl.exe... no
    configure: error: in `/home/ack/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33':
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

helppp?? and thanks
    A Newbie to SUSE, thank goodness, and thank you, these forums make the difference
    and I will always leave a thread "SOLVED" with noobies in mind, like I would like!

Default Re: Configuring Wine with a patch Problems

You need to install C compilers to compile the application.
    You can install gcc or maybe gcc+ too from YaST.
    Also i note you need to install make.
    Try to install these from YaST:
    - gcc
    - gcc+
    - make
    Linux[openSUSE, KDE], PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, Tech News, etc :
    http://anl4u.com

Blog Entries

Why not use the wine build service?
    http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/Emu..._11.2/wine.ymp
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

ok TRYING AGAIN,

I followed the directions here to install the 3 programs and the 30ish programs suggested in
    Wine - openSUSE

and here is my compiling stuff, any help please?!!

ack@linux-cf5e:~/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33> ./configure --prefix=/home/ack/.wine33 --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-includes=/usr/include/X11/ --with-x
    checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
    checking whether the C compiler works... yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling... no
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking for suffix of object files... o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
    checking for g++... g++
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
    checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
    checking for cpp... cpp
    checking whether gcc -m32 works... no
    configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit development libraries.
    A Newbie to SUSE, thank goodness, and thank you, these forums make the difference
    and I will always leave a thread "SOLVED" with noobies in mind, like I would like!

Anybody have any ideas?

ok here I go again, some progress but still desparate for a solution!!

I found from Wine - openSUSE a list of dependencies and i INSTALLED THEM like this

# zypper install gcc gcc+ make flex bison ncurses-devel-32bit giflib-devel-32bit liblcms-devel-32bit libxslt-devel-32bit Mesa-devel-32bit libpng-devel-32bit libxml2-devel-32bit freeglut-devel-32bit zlib-devel-32bit glibc-devel-32bit fontconfig-devel-32bit xorg-x11-devel-32bit xorg-x11-libXext-32bit xorg-x11-libXp-32bit xorg-x11-libXt-32bit capi4linux-32bit xorg-x11-libICE-32bit xorg-x11-libXext-devel-32bit sane-32bit cups-libs-32bit libjpeg-devel-32bit unixODBC-devel-32bit freetype2-devel-32bit openssl-devel-32bit openldap2-devel-32bit freetype2-devel-32bit hal-32bit hal-devel audiofile-devel

cool so easy with the command line :-)

and Configured with
    # ./configure --prefix=<where to install wine> --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-includes=/usr/include/X11/ --with-x

and it compiled with some errors but wont "make && make depend", here are the errors ...

configure: libxcursor 32-bit development files not found, the Xcursor extension won't be supported.
    configure: libxi 32-bit development files not found, the Xinput extension won't be supported.
    configure: XShm 32-bit development files not found, X Shared Memory won't be supported.
    configure: XShape 32-bit development files not found, XShape won't be supported.
    configure: libXxf86vm 32-bit development files not found, XFree86 Vidmode won't be supported.
    configure: libxrandr 32-bit development files not found, XRandr won't be supported.
    configure: libxinerama 32-bit development files not found, multi-monitor setups won't be supported.
    configure: libxcomposite 32-bit development files not found, Xcomposite won't be supported.
    configure: libGLU 32-bit development files not found, GLU won't be supported.
    configure: libhal/libdbus 32-bit development files not found, no dynamic device support.
    configure: libgnutls 32-bit development files not found, no schannel support.
    configure: libsane 32-bit development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
    configure: libgphoto2 32-bit development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
    configure: libcapi20 32-bit development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
    configure: libcups 32-bit development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.
    configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.
    configure: libmpg123 32-bit development files not found (or too old), mp3 codec won't be supported.
    configure: libopenal 32-bit development files not found (or too old), OpenAL won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxrender 32-bit development files not found, XRender won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: No OpenGL library found on this system.
    OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenSSL 32-bit development files not found, SSL won't be supported.

configure: Finished. Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.

so i tried a "make && make install", and it finished after a minute or so (too fast i think) and ended with these errors ...

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ack/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33/dlls/capi2032'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ack/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33/dlls/cards'
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../libs/wine:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ../../tools/wrc/wrc --nostdinc -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -D__WINESRC__ -focards.res cards.rc

cards.rc:156: Oops, segment violation
    make[2]: *** [cards.res] Aborted
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ack/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33/dlls/cards'
    make[1]: *** [cards] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ack/System/Ubuntu_Apps/Wine/wine-1.1.33/dlls'
    make: *** [dlls] Error 2

ANY SUGGESTIONS, thanks

palladium NNTP User

ack0329 wrote:
    > ANY SUGGESTIONS, thanks

don't run configure or make as root..

that won't fix your compile problem, but it might help in the long run
    to follow standard practices and run configure and make as a normal
    user and then become root for make install (or which ever variation
    you desire)..

as for your configure errors....i didn't read all of them, but the
    ones i did read were pretty simple to figure out....like

"libxcursor 32-bit development files not found" means the configure
    routine couldn't find the libxcursor 32-bit development (AMAZING how
    really simple it is to read and understand that, huh?)....so, why
    can't it fine those files?
    1. they are not installed
    2. they are not in the right place (the 'right place' being where it
    is that the configure program is looking for them)
    3. they have a name different from what configure expects
    4. mystery problem too hard to understand..

so, what do you do? if it were me i'd begin by opening YaST and do a
    search for libxcursor, and then in the resulting list of things
    available i'd look for something nammed libxcursor with 32 in the file
    name

see, i guess you have a 64 bit system, and have not yet installed the
    32 bit development packages, which you MUST do in order to compile 32
    bit programs...which you are apparently trying to do..

is any of that helpful?

hmmmm....didn't i just tell you all of this yesterday, in a different
    thread? (are you reading answers and following through, or just asking
    questions?)

--
    palladium
    Ubuntu is an African word meaning "I can't set up Debian."

ok thanks, and to ease your mind I am certainly reading from the two threads i ahve added to as well as others and from the opensuse wine 64 bit installation guide and others, believe me I am looking at EVERYTHING suggested, so please if you see something I am doing stupid it is a NOOBIE problem or you are not understanding my situation, ok here goes ...

yes i am trying to install on a 64-bit system of 11.2

and re "don't run configure or make as root.." ,
    I haven't been for 24 hours now thanks!

and re "as for your configure errors....i didn't read all of them, but the ones i did read were pretty simple to figure out....like"...
    I have searched high and low for anything resembling these in yast and google and rpm download sites, believe me I am trying.
    I have found ~50 of the ~60 requirements

phewww thanks again

ack0329,

Compiling wine from source is a bit complicated, but there are tons of resources out there. A great place to start would be WineOn64bit - The Official Wine Wiki . If you click on the "suse 64" link, It list all the packages you need to have installed to compile wine. Which I have listed for you:

Code:
    # capi4linux-32bit
    # cups-libs-32bit
    # fontconfig-devel-32bit
    # freeglut-devel-32bit
    # freetype2-devel-32bit
    # gcc-32bit
    # giflib-devel-32bit
    # glibc-devel-32bit
    # hal-32bit
    # libjpeg-devel-32bit
    # liblcms-devel-32bit
    # libpng-devel-32bit
    # libxml2-devel-32bit
    # libxslt-devel-32bit
    # Mesa-devel-32bit
    # ncurses-devel-32bit
    # openldap2-devel-32bit
    # openssl-devel-32bit
    # sane-32bit
    # unixODBC-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libICE-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libICE-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libSM-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libX11-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libXext-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libXext-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libXp-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libXrender-devel-32bit
    # xorg-x11-libXt-32bit
    # zlib-devel-32bit Additional for SuSE 11.x:
    # libasound2-32bit
    # libcom_err-devel-32bit
    # libgnutls26-32bit
    # libgphoto2-32bit
    # libopenssl0_9_8-32bit
    # hal-32bit
    Keep in mind, all of these are not readily available directly from default repositories, some of them can be located in the openSUSE build service.

GIT is another monster all together, and if you don't normally use GIT, I would suggest just using the cookie cutter commands for it. GitWine - The Official Wine Wiki Is a great place to read about using GIT with wine. However, find the commands you would need to use below.

Code:
    # git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git ~/wine-git
    The above command, will clone the main GIT repository from WINE, and set up a local directory on your system in your home folder named "wine-git"

Code:
    # cd ~/wine-git
    Once in the "git" directory for wine, you can treat it like a "copy" of the source code. all the usual suspects for compiling will apply here. such as ./configure, make, and make install.

However, since you need to patch, Lets start there.

Code:
    # patch -p1 < /patch_directory/patch.patch
    The above code, will patch the desired file, if you have a properly constructed patch(diff) file. replace "patch_directory" with the directory the patch is located in, I have a directory in my home folder named "wine-patches". Replace patch.patch, with the name of the patch(not extension specific).

Once you have installed the dependencies, cloned the git repository, and patched the source. You can now compile.

Code:
    # cd ~/wine-git
    # ./configure
    # make
    # sudo make install
    This will configure, compile, and install your custom patched copy of wine. Be sure you don't have the RPM version installed when you do this.

Now that you have patched, compiled, and installed, what happens when a new patch comes out, or they update wine? This is the great thing about using git. It's basically a handful of commands, and the compile only recompiles files that have changed.

Code:
    # cd ~/wine-git
    # git reset --hard origin
    This rewinds changes we have made to the source code, and removes patches we have applies

Code:
    # git fetch
    # git rebase origin
    This gets the latest copy of the source code from WINE

Code:
    # patch -p1 < /patchdirectory/patch.patch
    Re-apply our old patches, or any new ones as needed.

Code:
    # make
    # sudo make uninstall
    # sudo make install
    Re-compile, uninstall the old version,and reinstall the new one.

Keep in mind, compiling WINE on a quad core 3.0 GHZ machine with 8 gigs of ram, takes around 25-30 minutes the first time through. I have seen it take up to an hour. Subsequent compiles depend on how much for the source tree was updated this cycle.

This should handle the "basic" needs of compiling, and patching wine. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Sincerely
    CynicalPride

Smile Re: Configuring Wine with a patch Problems

AWESOME response, you are tasking me serious and I love it!

SO you know I have already checked out the WineOn64bit - The Official Wine Wiki and have tried to install all those.

below is a list of my successfully installed and not so successful installed items,
    I am excited to try from scratch with your GIT explanation (it has fambouzeledd me in the past and I love your step by step commands with explanations COOLLLL!!!!! Thanks

I will try all over from the start,>>>

Q? do I have to remove my present wine through yast (for example) or can I simply rename my home folders .wine directory, for today I will remove it entirely with YAST, but for the future I would like to know
    AWESOME!!!

- successfully >
    gcc gcc+ make flex bison alsa-devel giflib-devel-32bit liblcms-devel-32bit libxslt-devel-32bit Mesa-devel-32bit ncurses-devel-32bit libpng-devel-32bit libxml2-devel-32bit openal-soft-devel freeglut-devel-32bit zlib-devel-32bit glibc-devel-32bit fontconfig-devel-32bit fontconfig-devel xorg-x11-devel-32bit xorg-x11-libXext-32bit xorg-x11-libXp-32bit xorg-x11-libXt-32bit capi4linux-32bit capi4linux xorg-x11-libICE-32bit xorg-x11-libXext-devel-32bit sane-32bit cups-libs-32bit libjpeg-devel-32bit unixODBC-devel-32bit freetype2-devel-32bit openssl-devel-32bit openldap2-devel-32bit hal-32bit hal-devel audiofile-devel git-core git-gui gitk libgnutls-extra-devel libgnutls-extra26 libjack-devel libsamplerate-devel update-desktop-files libgnutls-devel libgphoto2-devel libgsm-devel libmpg123-devel libcom_err-devel-32bit xorg-x11-libICE-devel-32bit xorg-x11-libX11-devel-32bit

- files not found in yast or anywhere ...but already installed after installing wine (unpatched with yast)
    libX11.so.6 libXext.so.6 libXcursor.so.1 libXi.so.6 libXxf86vm.so.1 libXrender.so.1 libXrandr.so.2 libXinerama.so.1 libXcomposite.so.1 libGL.so.1 libGLU.so.1 libxslt.so.1 libncurses.so.5 libfreetype.so.6 libpng12.so.0 libjpeg.so.62 libfontconfig.so.1 libcups.so.2
    libgnutls.so.26 wine-geck

- A summary or the present config errors are
    LibGLU, libgphoto2, libcapi20, libmpg123, libopenal, libsane, libgsm 32-bit development files not found (or too old), but they all are listed as not serious, as in only certain things won't work (like video camera or openal whatever that is), and it goes on to suggest > make depend && make

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast