KDE4 Weather Forecast Plasmoid - BBC newly unconfigurable

Had no issues with this plasmoid, until managed to lose plasma settings, helping someone in a thread on here.

Now, BBC have changed their site on 7th, and I can (likely as result) not re-configure the applet, search part fails.

Does anyone have it configured for BBC?

Could you please write what you see, so I can try hack the config back for my location. I am currently having to use Canadian Weather … interesting but less relevant to me :slight_smile:

$ view '+/source=.*weather' ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
[Containments][1][Applets][22][Configuration]
pressureUnit=hPa
source=envcan|weather|London, ON
speedUnit=ms
temperatureUnit=C
updateInterval=30
visibilityUnit=km

It’s the source entry line for BBC that I’d like to see.

Probably something like :

source=bbcweather|weather|London, UK

Noone with the BBC weather working at moment?

This works for me.

[Containments][27][Applets][22][Configuration]
pressureUnit=mbar
source=bbcukmet|weather|Kiev, Ukraine|http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/165/ObservationsRSS.xml
speedUnit=ms
temperatureUnit=C
updateInterval=30
visibilityUnit=km

Thanks, hoping to play with this soon and see if I can get it working how it did before.

What about the weather wallpaper?

I tried to put the same “source=” line than the weather plasmoid (which works) but it doesn’t work with it.

And this is what works for me :

[Containments][1][Applets][22][Configuration]
pressureUnit=mbar
source=bbcukmet|weather|Nottingham, Nottinghamshire|http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/346/ObservationsRSS.xml
speedUnit=mph
temperatureUnit=C
updateInterval=30
visibilityUnit=ml

I got the right number by using this page BBC Regional Weather Page

So to configure the applet one replaces the location info, and plug the number into the XML link given.

All that’s needed now is for someone to fix the weather so all this snow, ice and sleet stop :wink:

chez moi, y a rien qui marche en applet meteo. Un tutoriel détaillé?

merci

sorry - I jump from french forum and didn’t notice I was on the english one :frowning:

My probelm is that no weather plasmoid work. I used to have Toulouse in the canada list (kde 3.5). With kde 4 the plasmoid don’t work at all.

That is it loads, but I can’t configure any town. I have a form field (not a drop down list) and whatever I fill in I have “not found”

any idéa? this was like this from the beginning

stock upated 11.2
Version 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1) “release 6”
thanks
jdd

You can try what I did, which is to search on the website, get the magic number of the weather of interest and then plug that in.

But, I could use the search for Canadian weather service, which is why I had “London, Ontario” as the location when first looking at this.

I presumed (as search seemed to work with Canadian weather service) that it was some changes made on BBC website which caused the search feature no longer to work.

search don’t works at all for me