How do you install additional Screensavers in KDE4?

I’m looking into compiling the “Really Slick Screensavers” port for linux, which has led me to question how the setup for screensavers in KDE4 work. I’ve found a directory full of screensaver .desktop files in /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers, but there are many more screensavers listed here than are in the “System Settings” dialog. This leads me to believe that there must be another config file somewhere that keeps a structured list of screensavers for that dialog. Can anyone point this out to me, or if I’m on the completely wrong track, point me to some helpful information on screensavers in KDE4? Thanks

I think xscreensaver provides most of the screensavers for this

Doesn’t KDE4 use kscreensavers rather than xscreensavers?

Still, I have a large list of screensaver .desktop files in /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers that are not all showing up in the “Configure Desktop” -> “System Settings” -> “Screen Saver” dialog. What is determining which should show up?

[QUOTE=nfolken;2084575]Doesn’t KDE4 use kscreensavers rather than xscreensavers?
/QUOTE]

Initially yes but i have installed and use xscreensavers all the time on my install.