Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE4.3.4

Angry KDE4.3.4

Is it still not possible to adjust transparency/colour of panel in KDE4??????
    I am sure kde3.5 was far more configurable, intuitive and user friendly....

Tumbleweed/KDE/Ati Radeon R9 270/AMD FX-6300/8Gb DDR3

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    Is it still not possible to adjust transparency/colour of panel in KDE4??????
    I am sure kde3.5 was far more configurable, intuitive and user friendly....
    true, kde3 was much better
    I use oxygen theme and it's fairly transparent, so is slimglow, I think glassified is too. Get the community repo it has a fair bit of stuff like that.
    The kde4 stable are now supplying 4.3.4

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Yeh plasma not being able to theme the way I want it is a turn off point.
    Granted I like some of the plasma themes and its easy to install new themes and configure your themes to a certain point.
    But the theme saver is borked
    https://features.opensuse.org/308357

I have 4.3.4, Thing is I like whatever "theme" I have, I just don't like my main taskbar panel to be transparent, I would also like to be able to change the colour, font colour of text etc etc.

Tumbleweed/KDE/Ati Radeon R9 270/AMD FX-6300/8Gb DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    I have 4.3.4, Thing is I like whatever "theme" I have, I just don't like my main taskbar panel to be transparent, I would also like to be able to change the colour, font colour of text etc etc.
    Me too, there is not too much one can do to configure plasma

My Taskbar isn't transparent using defaults from KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/ (openSUSE 11.2) at moment.

I haven't found time to really discover how to do much with Plasma. The widgets are kind of cool, dragging and dropping URLs from browser onto Kget's drop target is nice.

When you 1/2 expect to have to remove the whole .kde4 directory for some reason or other in the not too distant future, tailoring & customising the desktop seems a bit pointless.

How I am looking forward to a truly stable KDE again... 4.3 is almost there now.

Heres hoping KDE 4.4 will be a great release, each version of KDE4 has been a quantum leap of its previous version with the exception of 4.0.
    I just hope KDE 4.5 wont be the final KDE4, as this means we have to probably start all over again in KDE5.

It is possible to change it, but it's a hard way. I got this link from somebody on the forum earlier:
    Development/Tutorials/Plasma/Theme - KDE TechBase

You do not need to create a complete new theme off course, just follow the link to find which files you need to change in order to have a different background. Plasma uses svg images so you will need a program like inkscape to make it work. Also make sure you make changes in the right directory (opaque or not opaque). Good luck!

Personal Settings > Advanced tab > Desktop Theme Details

You can configure your panel theme to be from some other theme than the rest.
    Special effects <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
    More KDE -> PINK KDE

Lightbulb Here are few possibilities to look at

I would also like to be able to change the colour, font colour of text etc etc.
    You can change the color scheme in Configure Desktop or System Settings ( kcontrol was the name for this app in kde3.5)

Fonts colors, window borders, selection area coloring, etc.

Enter Appearance then select Colors there are scheme's to play with but I mainly just use the color tab to change the things that are bugging me. Then I return to the scheme's tab and save my changes as new scheme which I can export to my other systems for use.

As far as installing themes that is easy. 1 don't use the sort by latest options as most of those themes are what is considered a beta releases on kde-look.org. Use the most download and highest rated options almost all of these will install without an issue. 2 Themes on Kde-look.org should be consider best effort as they are the work of users for the most part and not large companies. I am glad that opensuse seems to have placed a block on themes that will not work, I remember using other distro's that allowed themes that wouldn't work to install and of cores brake your desktop.

One last option to control the way a theme works you can use Personal Settings > Advanced tab > Desktop Theme Details to effect just certain parts of the desktop such as the task bar. This means you can choose to use glassified which is very transparent and the opensuse theme together. The opensuse theme can be applied just to the panel(taskbar) making it solid while everything else is transparent.

Open Configure Desktop go to the Advanded tab and then click Desktop theme Details in this dialog you will be able to assign different themes to different areas of the desktop. There is one thing to keep in mind when using this options you must remember to right click the desktop and run desktop setting, then select customized to apply your changes. (down side is you will have to do this every time you change something)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast