Thread: how to install codec - offline

Default how to install codec - offline

recently installed opensuse 11.2 on my home pc. since i dont have a net connection at home my only option to enable multimedia codec and other restricted format is to download from other (office) computer and install it on my home pc. unfortunatly i am not able to find a package with out dependency.

i also use ubuntu 9.10 along side. i usually download ubuntu_restricted_extras_offline_installer from here How to Install Multimedia Codecs,Adobe Flash,JRE,VLC Media Player without Internet connection (Offline) in Ubuntu 9.10/9.04/8.10|Ubuntu Geek

is there any package like "ubuntu_restricted_extras_offline_installer" installer for opensuse???

Blog Entries

Default Re: how to install codec - offline

Quote Originally Posted by sundar_ima View Post
    recently installed opensuse 11.2 on my home pc. since i dont have a net connection at home my only option to enable multimedia codec and other restricted format is to download from other (office) computer and install it on my home pc. unfortunatly i am not able to find a package with out dependency.

i also use ubuntu 9.10 along side. i usually download ubuntu_restricted_extras_offline_installer from here How to Install Multimedia Codecs,Adobe Flash,JRE,VLC Media Player without Internet connection (Offline) in Ubuntu 9.10/9.04/8.10*|*Ubuntu Geek

is there any package like "ubuntu_restricted_extras_offline_installer" installer for opensuse???
    In our new users please read faq for 11.2:
    NEW Users - Suse-11.2 Pre-installation PLEASE READ - openSUSE Forums

there is reference in post#4 to this URL: Multimedia Pack Portable for openSUSE 11.2 - openSUSE Forums where user Easgs has packaged codecs and mediaplayers for openSUSE. You just need to download it from an Internet cafe, and then install at your leisure.

Default Re: how to install codec - offline

Thank you. It works like a charm.