Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

  1. #11

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    On ubuntu php command line is like :



    and on suse (or windows) php command line is like :



    do you understand the difference ?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UTC+10
    Posts
    9,686
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    How do you know it's not symfony that's doing the coloring?

  3. #13

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    Chrysantine
    PHP CLI is avaiable on all popular operating systems: Linux, Windows, OSX, Solaris. Popular Linux distibutions (such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora Core, Suse and etc.)

    read this : PHP CLI

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UTC+10
    Posts
    9,686
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    Yes, we know what php-cli is. It's a pretty standard thing. Fact is, it's included in the php5 package on openSUSE. What I'm questioning is why you think the coloring comes from it. I can't think of a reason why CLI would do the coloring. It's just an command line interpreter, duh.

    Maybe all you are missing is the php5-ncurses package. Maybe symfony detects there is no ncurses and so can't colorise the output. Have you tried installing php5-ncurses?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,841
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    No way php or php-cli is doing this. It's a console color setting, as you can see from the prompt. And indeed, such things are not possible on windu systems.
    @ken-yap: if you ever tried one of "jengelh"s kernels, you would have seen things like this. Same thing if you 'su', the prompt turns red.

    So, in short: AFAIK the colors have nothing to do with php or whatever, just terminal settings.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UTC+10
    Posts
    9,686
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    I think he posted the Windows screenshot to show what no color looks like. He really should have posted an openSUSE screenshot to not confuse the issue.

    Let's be clear on some things. I know what php-cli is. I know what colourisation does. I sometimes see it in ls output or vim syntax highlighting. Sometimes annoying when the color choices are poor. Anyway...

    I think the OP is chasing a red herring. Firstly it's not showing "code", it's showing results of a test, or maybe a backtrace. Secondly, I'm 99% sure it's not php-cli doing the coloring, but rather the PHP script symfony and it can only do that when PHP has ncurses loaded. On Ubuntu, php-cli has the ncurses module compiled in. Hence my suggestion to install php5-ncurses on openSUSE.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,815
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht
    No way php or php-cli is doing this. It's a console color setting, as
    you can see from the prompt. And indeed, such things are not possible on
    windu systems.
    @ken-yap: if you ever tried one of "jengelh"s kernels, you would have
    seen things like this. Same thing if you 'su', the prompt turns red.

    So, in short: AFAIK the colors have nothing to do with php or whatever,
    just terminal settings.
    Hi
    Yes, I run colorized settings in my shell by adding the following to my
    ~/.bashrc;
    Code:
    RS="\[\033[0m\]" # reset
    HC="\[\033[1m\]" # hicolor
    UL="\[\033[4m\]" # underline
    INV="\[\033[7m\]" # inverse background and foreground
    FBLK="\[\033[30m\]" # foreground black
    FRED="\[\033[31m\]" # foreground red
    FGRN="\[\033[32m\]" # foreground green
    FYEL="\[\033[33m\]" # foreground yellow
    FBLE="\[\033[34m\]" # foreground blue
    FMAG="\[\033[35m\]" # foreground magenta
    FCYN="\[\033[36m\]" # foreground cyan
    FWHT="\[\033[37m\]" # foreground white
    BBLK="\[\033[40m\]" # background black
    BRED="\[\033[41m\]" # background red
    BGRN="\[\033[42m\]" # background green
    BYEL="\[\033[43m\]" # background yellow
    BBLE="\[\033[44m\]" # background blue
    BMAG="\[\033[45m\]" # background magenta
    BCYN="\[\033[46m\]" # background cyan
    BWHT="\[\033[47m\]" # background white
    
    PS1="$HC$FYEL$(ppwd \l)\u@\h:\w\$ $RS"
    PS2="$HC$FBLE> $RS"
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.39-0.3-default
    up 4 days 4:28, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.07
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.18


  8. #18

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Yes, I run colorized settings in my shell by adding the following to my
    ~/.bashrc;
    Code:
    RS="\[\033[0m\]" # reset
    HC="\[\033[1m\]" # hicolor
    UL="\[\033[4m\]" # underline
    INV="\[\033[7m\]" # inverse background and foreground
    FBLK="\[\033[30m\]" # foreground black
    FRED="\[\033[31m\]" # foreground red
    FGRN="\[\033[32m\]" # foreground green
    FYEL="\[\033[33m\]" # foreground yellow
    FBLE="\[\033[34m\]" # foreground blue
    FMAG="\[\033[35m\]" # foreground magenta
    FCYN="\[\033[36m\]" # foreground cyan
    FWHT="\[\033[37m\]" # foreground white
    BBLK="\[\033[40m\]" # background black
    BRED="\[\033[41m\]" # background red
    BGRN="\[\033[42m\]" # background green
    BYEL="\[\033[43m\]" # background yellow
    BBLE="\[\033[44m\]" # background blue
    BMAG="\[\033[45m\]" # background magenta
    BCYN="\[\033[46m\]" # background cyan
    BWHT="\[\033[47m\]" # background white
    
    PS1="$HC$FYEL$(ppwd \l)\u@\h:\w\$ $RS"
    PS2="$HC$FBLE> $RS"
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.39-0.3-default
    up 4 days 4:28, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.07
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.18
    hi,

    thank you for your replay but it seems that the only person who understand me is ken_yap : My suse terminal include color ( red when root, hidden file, executable file ...) and that's not my issue, I just want to have colorized result when I execute php file on my Suse terminal.

    I agree with ken_yap but I can't find php5-ncurses ...
    I think that the appropriate extension in my case is php5-readline .

    in yast detail I see:

    #########
    #php5-readline
    #PHP interface to libedit, which provides editable command line #as well as PHP interactive mode (php-a)
    #########

    and oddly, when I install it (following the type of architecture) php return me the following message: "php segmentation fault"

    perhaps it will be better if I stop finding a solution ...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UTC+10
    Posts
    9,686
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    zypper install php5-ncurses

    Where does it come from? Well, in 11.1, and I suspect also in 11.2:

    Code:
    $ zypper info php5-ncurses
    Repository: openSUSE-11.1-Update
    Name: php5-ncurses
    Version: 5.2.11-0.1.1
    Arch: x86_64
    Vendor: openSUSE
    Installed: No
    Status: not installed
    Installed Size: 85.0 K
    Summary: PHP5 Extension Module
    Description:
    This module adds ncurses support (for CLI and GCI versions only).
    which means it was probably in the OSS repository and got updated in the Update repository. Do you have the OSS repository and the Update repository subscribed to?

    You'd get the 5.3 version though in 11.2.

    PS: Hmm, you might have some valid reason to wonder why you can't find php5-ncurses. It's not on the list of the DVD5 contents. This needs further investigation:

    http://en.opensuse.org/Package_List/11.2/DVD5-i586

    PPS: Can't find php5-ncurses for 11.2 at software.opensuse.org/search. Wonder if it's included in php5 RPM now and needs to be enabled in cli/php5.ini. Anybody know?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, European Union
    Posts
    1,879

    Default Re: no Cli for php 5.3.x on SUSE 11.2 ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by halfkiller View Post
    Chrysantine
    PHP CLI is avaiable on all popular operating systems: Linux, Windows, OSX, Solaris. Popular Linux distibutions (such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora Core, Suse and etc.)
    Thanks for teaching me, I definitely don't know what the php command line parser is. Why don't you teach me how to move the mouse while you're at it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •