Thread: pidgin-libnotify compilation question.

Hybrid View

Default pidgin-libnotify compilation question.

Hello everybody.

Yesterday I tried to compile (I don't know if it's well written, I speak spanish ) pidgin-libnotify. Everything was ok (resolved the dependencies), but the plugin was installed in english language.

I checked the source code, and it had many language files... So the question is: how can i compile the plugin in spanish? or: how can I configure the installed plugin so it uses spanish?

As a side note, i checked that the language in the system was set to spanish (es_mx), and followed the instructions in the source code.

Also, if someone has some links to tutorials on how to compile apps for opensuse, please share it with me .

By the way, i'm using openSUSE 11.2, GNOME desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: pidgin-libnotify compilation question.

A few months later, I'm now using oS 11.3 but empathy didn't fit my needs, so I installed pidgin and complety removed empathy.

I find the contact notificatiosn very useful because i didn't notice the icon change in pidgin, often, So I started (again) to look for a solution and found, with trial and error, the next:

1.- I downloaded the pidgin-libnotify rpm for fedora. The exact name of the rpm is pidgin-libnotify-0.14-3.fc12.x86_64.rpm.

2.- Right clicked ir and selected "extract here", so it make a folder with some subfolders.

3. I copy the files of the extracted rpm to the corresponding folders in the installed system, starting nautilus as root:

- pidgin-libnotify.mo /usr/lib64/purple-2/
    - the folder "pidgin-libnotify-0.14" in /usr/share/doc/
    - pidgin-libnotify.mo, ok the extracted rpm located in /locale/es/LC-MESSAGES/ to /locale/es/LC-MESSAGES/

4. Activate the addon in pidgin.

I hope this help someone out there .