Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpenSuse 11.2 vs Ubuntu 9.10 = Ubuntu wins

Default Re: OpenSuse 11.2 vs Ubuntu 9.10 = Ubuntu wins

Quote Originally Posted by palladium View Post
    loggern wrote:
    > edited to remove offensive material

kicking the hired help will garner you lots of friends..
    and, support.

--
    palladium
    edited to remove offensive material
    Last edited by swerdna; 06-Dec-2009 at 04:37. Reason: edited to remove offensive material

@to all
    - choosing Ubuntu over Opensuse, and this topic is my personal opinion based on experience and problems with the installation, surely you cant assume you will get only positive reply topics on you forum, cant you?
    - its not a flame topic
    - doing this post I expected to get some "real good punches"
    - if you dont like my post, just skipped then I dont force anyone to read them, if you think Im insulting opensuse the way it doesnt deserves
    - for me worked ubuntu as I assumend and Im happy with it, been working with it from 6.06 in vmware, I dont mide people liking other linux-distro, cause its a mater of taste, same as Gnome vs KDE
    - Tried to fix the ATi (installed 9.11) / sound problems with the existed posts on forums.opensuse.com but didnt worked for me, also found some one-click installation pacman file with some gstreamer packeges but didnt worked
    - I wanted to start definitly use Linux cause i think its a cool OS and has much more possibilities then Windows,

@Confuseling
    - I dont made any report because, due to the fact I was unhappy with the features provided by opensuse I simply switched to an next possibility, cause I have the choice of freedom

@mmarif4u
    - My answer is simple ubuntu worked on my hardware much better than opensuse
    - I have Win7 and UBuntu as dualboot, using win7 to games, and ubuntu for work
    - Ubuntu is also a Linux so Im not a windows-is-da-only-best-operating-system-on-the-world guy like Steve Balmer
    - send me pls some hints where is Opensuse better then Ubuntu via PM

@idimitriadis
    - txs for nice post, I really appreciate your contribution ,again txs
    - I was already experimenting with linux/unix under vmware/virtualbox, I wanted definitly to install some linux on my HDD. The problem was my USB wifi card - realtek rtl8781 which should have native support in the newest linux kernel.
    - I can only assume that that the problem with my ati card you relie with sax2

@VampirD
    - you obviously missed my points by miles away, its more then obvious according to you words that you have very little know-how with Windows, but will not continue flaming with you
    - No one who worked with Win7 can deny that Win7 is a real improvement to the history of all windows

thank you all for your contributions

palladium NNTP User

spigy11 wrote:
    > thank you all for your contributions

if and when you become unhappy with Ubuntu (or whatever), drop in
    again..(11.3 should be out and mostly debugged about this time next
    year...

--
    palladium

If I was replying in this thread, then I bet I would have been banned after the second insult/offense, but loggern seems to be an exception since swerdna had to edit his posts three times so far and he continues to post offensive messages.... oh the irony and singling out. Did he ban him? I suspect not

@palladium
    sure why not

I like to throw in my 2 cents. In fairness to openSUSE.
    Before installing openSUSE 11.2 on my desktop and laptop, I visited this forum to search for compatibility and for probable failure along the way. I gathered informations that were able to made my installation a breeze. For my desktop it took me more or less 30 minutes, few minutes for the updates and maybe the remaining another hour for setting up third party repositories and for the installation of applications outside the openSUSE dvd. With regards to the laptop it was bought preloaded with x86_64 vista. It is an amd athlon dual-core hp g60 upgraded (that took 3 hours to upgrade) to windows 7 ultimate. The hard disk was shrink after the windows 7 installation and then later I installed openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 that also completed almost the same as for my desktop. Interesting with the laptop is the built-in webcam has no compatible windows 7 driver, while with openSUSE the webcam "just works".

Quote Originally Posted by spigy11 View Post
    @mmarif4u
    - My answer is simple ubuntu worked on my hardware much better than opensuse
    - I have Win7 and UBuntu as dualboot, using win7 to games, and ubuntu for work
    - Ubuntu is also a Linux so Im not a windows-is-da-only-best-operating-system-on-the-world guy like Steve Balmer
    - send me pls some hints where is Opensuse better then Ubuntu via PM
    Why PM, why not here?
    Ok, we are here in openSUSE forum, so we know what's going on in openSUSE. You like Ubuntu, so the same question goes for you, list all that in which you think Ubuntu is better than openSUSE. And i will do my best to justify your questions.

Next, did you see how many threads/posts Ubuntu forum have? and why that much? Why every poster have 1-10 avg posts there?

If ubuntu is working better for your hardware, then use it...so why making post like this to start flames between these two. If it works, just use it that's all. Why complaining, simply use it whatever works for your hardware.
    Linux[openSUSE, KDE], PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, Tech News, etc :
    http://anl4u.com

palladium NNTP User

microchip8 wrote:
    > Did he ban him?

how can one tell if a poster has been banned, or not?
    and, why should anyone care?

--
    palladium

Quote Originally Posted by spigy11 View Post
    surely you cant assume you will get only positive reply topics on you forum, cant you?
    If you have nothing good to say, it's better to keep quiet. Go use Ubuntu and be happy with it.

You're not paying us anything for supporting SuSE and you're definitely not paying anything for it. Most of the folks who do cry about it never do, never contribute anything but do nothing but whinge - and no"criticism" is not a contribution, it's merely complaining with the intention of annoying those who contribute their precious time to helping others.

Quote Originally Posted by palladium View Post
    microchip8 wrote:
    > Did he ban him?

how can one tell if a poster has been banned, or not?
    It will say so under his nick

and, why should anyone care?
    If you get banned often, even if your arguments are very sound, you'll see yourself why you should care.... eg, treat all equally and don't single out specific people

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast