Thread: Cannot click buttons in eclipse - maybe jre problem

arctois NNTP User

Default Cannot click buttons in eclipse - maybe jre problem

Hello,
    I cannot click on buttons in eclipse that initiate "big" operations. Only the cancel button works. And the text in a checkbox was invisible.
    Here is the whole story:
    I want install Subclipse to get involved in our project. I had done this a year befor in an other project on opensuse 11.0. So I downloaded eclipse ganymede via yast an started it. I clicked on help->software update->available software->add site, typed the url and clicked OK. The components appeared and I set the checkboxes. I clicked on install and nothing happend. The button was pushed in. When I go away with the mouse the button pop. If I go over the button the button looks pushed again. Like a mousehover-effect.
    So. wtf.
    I downloaded eclipse from eclipse.org and there is the same effect, but the box with the components is invisible. When I lay an other window over the window the text are visible after that, but the click on install has not an effect.
    I started eclipse from a terminal to see the stderr but there are no error-messages.
    I tryed the 3 openjdk-versions on the repository but it is every time the same.
    I uninstalled the openjdk and installed the java-1_6_0-sun and java-1_6_0-sun-devel. Now it is a little bit different. I cannot click on OK in the dialog where I have to type the url.

So. Did have any one an idea what ...
    Thank you for your answers.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for reading till the end.

Default Re: Cannot click buttons in eclipse - maybe jre problem

Stick to the Sun JRE/JDK and have a read over at the thread in the beta subforum.
    A solution is on the 2nd page.
    Special effects <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
    More KDE -> PINK KDE

arctois NNTP User

Default Re: Cannot click buttons in eclipse - maybe jre problem

OK. Thank you very much.

mvreijn NNTP User

Thumbs up Re: Cannot click buttons in eclipse - maybe jre problem

Open a shell and type this:
    export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

then start eclipse in that shell. That should take care of your issue.

Create a start script with this command to repeat.