Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11.2 Boxed Edition?

Default Re: 11.2 Boxed Edition?

I agree with you 100% and I hope the linux project continues indefinitely; it beats the alternative which is the world according to Redmond.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 11.2 Boxed Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    I think that when you talk about "business model" as if "market share" and other buzzwords should be the main goals of Linux, you fail to understand the FOSS philosophy. Linux itself has no business model, it's up to those to use it to develop what they wish around it. Quite a few organisations use Linux in their operations.

And throwing more developers at a problem doesn't necessarily get you a higher quality product as Vista shows.
    Nicely put.

Another way to put it is that Microsoft doesn't sell .NET. They sell the tools to run it, but the framework has been free. Even Visual Studio has a free Express version. They make their money on the platform .NET will run on; such as Windows Server & SQL Server for ASP.NET applications.

Developers are free to use this technology to make their own business model.
    "Linux provides freedom, problem is most users don't know what it is or how to use it." ~me
    Friends don't let Friends wear red shirts on away parties!
    Linux User #477531 | Danbury Area Computer Society (www.dacs.org)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123