Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DESKTOP HELP ME!

Lightbulb DESKTOP HELP ME!

hi. All my brothers. I changed operating systems. I used vista before now I use OPENsusE11.2 gnome. I sat in front of the computer 3 days but I got nowhere. I have some questions about openSUSE. I saw a video on youtube. I want the same thing as his desktop, skins, plus 3D why should I use 3d as he does? Forgive me for I am not an expert spellings.

This is your video YouTube - The Power of Linux - OpenSUSE 11.2

Default Re: DESKTOP HELP ME!

Well first off, he's using kde4 not gnome. And from the looks of it he's using kde4's own compiz implementation of Kwin. So really it's just a basic kde4 desktop. His wallpaper is the globe type which lets you zoom in and manipulate a desktop globe as your wallpaper.

What graphics card do you have? You can still do the 3d effects in gnome with compiz.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Check this link, it will help you with the basics.
    HOWTOs - openSUSE
    Arodlinux
    WARNING: I might say more than I know!

Yeh its Kwin, but this all hangs on what video card you have.

I have gnome dekstop. I can instrallera kwin on it or what? where you can check which graphics card I have?

ATI MOBILTY RADEON HD 3400 series (m82) ?

But in the video i cannot see GNOME Desktop! Its KDE Desktop. Why do you install GNOME Desktop when you want to have KDE Desktop?

ok . I have installed Kd4 now on my computer. formatted on your computer .. 3D. how can I get 3d to make it work?

http://www2.ati.com/suse/11.2/
    Add this to the repository list, install the fglrx-G02 driver and you have 3D. You may need to reboot

the link does not work. The webpage can not be found..but my graphics card is of course correct instrallerad ..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast