Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse Confirm Buttons not working in OpenSuse 11.2?

Default Eclipse Confirm Buttons not working in OpenSuse 11.2?

Hi all,

yesterday installed a fresh OpenSuse 11.2. Since then the confirm buttons (OK / YES / ...) are not working, when clicking (mouse). An keyboard ENTER-press does work.

What is the problem? Is it an OpenSuse bug?

Help will be appreciated.

Remco

Post Re: Eclipse Confirm Buttons not working in OpenSuse 11.2?

I have not experienced that issue myself, having just upgraded from 11.1 to 11.2 and using Eclipse Galileo.

Usually when I have such silly things with Eclipse, I'll just re-install it, or install another copy into another directory. That usually clear it up.

Cheers,
    LewsTherin

Default Re: Eclipse Confirm Buttons not working in OpenSuse 11.2?

That's what I also did, but it did not work. I am also using Galileo (Eclipse 3.5).

When I hit File -> New Project -> Java Project, I can't press Next. This is at various places everywhere in Eclipse (for example font settings etc.).

I am using KDE4.3...

Did not try on other Java apps yet.

starting Eclipse with the following command fixed it for me:
    > GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true eclipse

vedantaulises NNTP User

It works for me, Thanks gabrielalexm

Worked for me as well. Thank you!!

Just to piggy back this thread:

I can only find Eclipse 3.4 in the repo. Are you guys installing it directly into your ~/bin or what?

I need to run eclipse PDT which is in galileo (eclipse 3.5) and have also been having the button issue. I have been holding the mouse over the button I need and hitting <enter>

Incentively, I an having a similar issue with Firefox when it suggests web addresses via the address bar.

I think it a tad clunky to have to run eclipse as root to import new plug-ins.

If you guys have a better solution as well as an actual XHTML editor for eclipse I would appreciate it.

While I am at it: throw in a jQuery editor as well.

Seems the repository eclipse is always a version behind for key functionality. After downloading galileo directly from the eclipse.org site, exporting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true fixed the issue for me. I switched to GNOME for 11.2 and it appears KDE and GNOME have the same issue. Switching to the sun jdk didn't make a difference either.

This is an openSUSE 11.2 bug right?

No, it's not just OpenSuSE. Same problem in Ubuntu. It's an Eclipse bug (#291257).

For more info see the thread called "Eclipse doesn't accept mouse clicks on buttons" in the "Pre-Release/Beta" forum.

Thanks for the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true hint. I would have never guessed. I experienced the same problems described in the first post, and setting the variable fixed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast