Thread: Cleaning utility

Default Cleaning utility

Need a good clean utility cleaning up trash files.Am on gnome and i got the var/lib/gdm/.ICEauthority login/out problem and it seems to be some trash files needed to be cleaned .Have tryed the GConf cleaner but it did not help.

from the startlog

3.248408] ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [FZHD] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
    <4>[ 3.248417] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.SATA.CHN0._GTM] (Node f6c3ec0c), AE_NOT_FOUND
    <4>[ 3.248548] ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [FZHD] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
    <4>[ 3.248556] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.SATA.CHN1._GTM] (Node f6c3eb44), AE_NOT_FOUND

And from the systemlog this i think is the matter of the var/lib/gdm/.ICEauthority for me some1 ???

Nov 20 19:45:55 c-90f570d5 gnome-session [3617]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-wm.desktop' failed to register before timeout
    Nov 20 19:46:01 c-90f570d5 pulseaudio [3915]: pid.c: Daemon already running.
    Nov 20 19:46:52 c-90f570d5 gnomesu-pam-backend: The gnome keyring socket is not owned with the same credentials as the user login: / tmp / keyring-aZuhwm / socket
    Nov 20 19:46:52 c-90f570d5 gnomesu-pam-backend: gkr-pam: could not unlock 'login' keyring: 255
    Nov 20 19:46:52 c-90f570d5 gnomesu-pam-backend: pam_env (gnomesu-pam: setcred): non-alphanumeric key 'alias = padsp aumix aumix' in / etc / environment ', ignoring
    Nov 20 19:46:52 c-90f570d5 gnomesu-pam-backend: pam_env (gnomesu-pam: setcred): non-alphanumeric key 'alias = padsp sox sox' in / etc / environment ', ignoring
    Nov 20 19:46:52 c-90f570d5 gnomesu-pam-backend: pam_env (gnomesu-pam: setcred): non-alphanumeric key 'alias = timidity timidity-Oe' in / etc / environment ', ignoring
    Nov 20 19:47:37 c-90f570d5 seahorse-agent [3693]: GConf error: # 012 Failed to contact configuration server. Some possible reasons may be that you need to enable support for TCP / IP network in ORBit, or you have leftover NFS locks due to a system crash. See GConf configuration system for more information. (Details - 1: Failed to send message to the GConf daemon: Connection is closed)
    Nov 20 19:47:37 c-90f570d5 seahorse-agent [3693]: GConf error: # 012 Failed to contact configuration server. Some possible reasons may be that you need to enable support for TCP / IP network in ORBit, or you have leftover NFS locks due to a system crash. See GConf configuration system for more information. (Details - 1: Failed to send message to the GConf daemon: Connection is closed)

Default Re: Cleaning utility

Which files exactly are you talking about? Just the files in your trash bin? If so, you probably would have solved the issue by yourself... Please clarify exactly what you mean.
    CHECK OUT THESE GitHub PROJECTS!

https://secupwn.github.io/Android-IMSI-Catcher-Detector/
    https://github.com/SecUpwN/Spotify-AdKiller

palladium NNTP User

how did you determine that any of the following was caused by a bad
    acting .ICEauthority, or that the solution is to remove junk with a
    heavy duty cleaning?

i wonder if you are looking for something to clean out something like
    the Linux/GNOME version of a windows 'registry' or what?

--
    palladium

Quote Originally Posted by palladium View Post
    how did you determine that any of
    i wonder if you are looking for something to clean out something like the Linux/GNOME version of a windows 'registry' or what?
    Which wouldnt be needed within OpenSUSE _at all_. Linux cleanes itself and it does not spill data all over the HDD like Microsucks does.

Agree with TheMask,but if u insist to get one,this is it : BleachBit. Get it here :
    BleachBit | BleachBit
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMask View Post
    Which wouldnt be needed within OpenSUSE _at all_. Linux cleanes itself and it does not spill data all over the HDD like Microsucks does.
    MODERATED FOR OFFENSIVE CONTENT

Oops 1 person does understand that temp file does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fact that windows does work it does bother you doesnt it
    Last edited by caf4926; 23-Nov-2009 at 11:36. Reason: removed offensive content

Stop ranting and leave your lifes anger elsewhere, please. You were the one asking and its entirely YOUR problem, not ours. Please be as exact as possible when asking for something in the future and DO NOT even _think_ of starting an insult at users like that again. With your rant I noticed the word "temp" - if you mean to correctly clean up /temp, checkout Clear Temp Files at Boot.

Quote Originally Posted by loggern View Post
    And the fact that windows does work it does bother you doesnt it
    Hahah... Did it ever *work*?
    Last edited by caf4926; 23-Nov-2009 at 11:39. Reason: edit quote

Blog Entries

Locking this for now. nntp please no reply for now Thanks
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below