Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    195

    Default Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.2

    Hi,

    I have a problem trying to start the Fusion Icon in KDE 4.3.1 and I've used both
    Cyberorgs repository

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/

    and

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.2/

    I think it might be issue with fusion-icon trying to find DCOP which is no more in KDE4. I found this old thread where it has been a problem before:

    Compiz-fusion doesn't start on kde4? - Compiz Community Forums

    this is my terminal output :


    * Detected Session: unknown
    * Searching for installed applications...
    * NVIDIA on Xorg detected, exporting: __GL_YIELD=NOTHING
    * Using the GTK Interface
    * Decorator "emerald --replace" is invalid.
    * Setting decorator to Auto ("compiz-decorator")
    * Starting Compiz
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/fusion-icon", line 58, in <module>
    choose_interface(try_first=options.interface)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/interface.py", line 89, in choose_interface
    import_interface(chosen_interface)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/interface.py", line 35, in import_interface
    __import__('FusionIcon.interface_%s' %interface)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/interface_gtk/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import main
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/interface_gtk/main.py", line 213, in <module>
    init()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/start.py", line 34, in init
    wms.start()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/util.py", line 154, in start
    run(self[self.old].killcmd, 'call')
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/FusionIcon/execute.py", line 41, in run
    exitcode = subprocess.call(command, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 444, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 595, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1092, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

    Any help for a workaround or fix on this one would be much appreciated

    Thanks

    Dragon32

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.2

    Hi,

    is there any specific reason you're using these repositories instead of:

    Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.2

    I have a working fusion-icon here. Here's my compiz packages:

    Code:
     rpm -qa --last "*compiz*"
    compizconfig-settings-manager-0.8.4-10.1      Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:45 PM EST
    python-compizconfig-0.8.4-4.1                 Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:43 PM EST
    compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.4-100.1              Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:38 PM EST
    libcompizconfig-0.8.4-10.1                    Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:32 PM EST
    compiz-manager-0.0.1_git080201-62.1           Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:30 PM EST
    compiz-plugins-main-0.8.4-101.1               Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:26 PM EST
    compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1                       Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:23 PM EST
    compiz-0.8.4-167.1                            Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:18 PM EST
    compiz-branding-openSUSE-0.8.4-167.1          Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:14 PM EST
    ian@linux-dv1w:~>
    And I made a guide which while installing which can be followed here:

    Installing and Configuring Compiz - openSUSE Forums
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply.

    It was some hurried copying on my part.

    The repositories should read

    Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.2

    and

    Index of /repositories/home:/cyberorg:/compiz/openSUSE_Factory

    I've tried both repositories and get the same error. I tried cyber's after the XGL repo just to see if it was a build error.

    Further info is I'm using 32bit (less headaches) and 4.3.1.

    Any Thoughts ?




    Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Hi,

    is there any specific reason you're using these repositories instead of:

    Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.2

    I have a working fusion-icon here. Here's my compiz packages:

    Code:
     rpm -qa --last "*compiz*"
    compizconfig-settings-manager-0.8.4-10.1      Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:45 PM EST
    python-compizconfig-0.8.4-4.1                 Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:43 PM EST
    compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.4-100.1              Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:38 PM EST
    libcompizconfig-0.8.4-10.1                    Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:32 PM EST
    compiz-manager-0.0.1_git080201-62.1           Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:30 PM EST
    compiz-plugins-main-0.8.4-101.1               Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:26 PM EST
    compiz-kde4-0.8.4-167.1                       Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:23 PM EST
    compiz-0.8.4-167.1                            Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:18 PM EST
    compiz-branding-openSUSE-0.8.4-167.1          Mon 16 Nov 2009 09:20:14 PM EST
    ian@linux-dv1w:~>
    And I made a guide which while installing which can be followed here:

    Installing and Configuring Compiz - openSUSE Forums

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Could you please open a terminal and post the output of

    Code:
    rpm -qa --last "*compiz*"
    I'm also running 32bit but am using KDE 4.3.3

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Sorted,

    If all else fails read the manual

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Glad you got it sorted

    Could you please post what you did here so others may benefit from your findings if they have the same problem?

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

  7. #7

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Personally I left compiz behind in KDE 4.3 as I reather like kwin, its options are small compared to compiz but it does a fine job enough.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Wish I could,

    just deleted all compiz related files via yast and followed your guide, must have done something stupid. That will teach me to do an install after a Friday night on the Razz followed by a Saturday morning hangover.

    Friday Night Saturday Morning




    Quote Originally Posted by ijbreakey View Post
    Glad you got it sorted

    Could you please post what you did here so others may benefit from your findings if they have the same problem?

    Take Care,

    Ian

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: Compiz Fusion Icon Start Problem in KDE 4.3 OpenSuse 11.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon32 View Post
    Wish I could,

    just deleted all compiz related files via yast and followed your guide, must have done something stupid. That will teach me to do an install after a Friday night on the Razz followed by a Saturday morning hangover.

    Friday Night Saturday Morning
    Glad my guide helped you out

    As for Saturday mornings, I was just treated to some special beverages last night for helping a friend with a grade-changing homework assignment. The only difference is I don't get hangovers

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •