Thread: Emerald in Opensuse 11.2

Default Emerald in Opensuse 11.2

Hi.

I'm using gnome, and I came across a GTK theme and an emerald theme. I was able to install the GTK theme Glasa-Pro at

Glasa-Pro | Kims-area.com

But the emerald theme I was unable to install. I have Compiz installed, but I'm assuming I'm not using the Emerald Window Manager. How can I get use Emerald, and get this to install.

The emerald theme I'm looking at is called Black Emerald, and can be found here

Black emerald | Kims-area.com

Default Re: Emerald in Opensuse 11.2

Install compiz and emerald from X11-XGL.

Default Re: Emerald in Opensuse 11.2

Not sure about in GNOME, but with KDE when you install Compiz emerald automatically comes with it. If this is the case you'll want to open the Emerald Theme Manager and then choose import. Find the emerald theme package then select it and you should be able to see it in your list of decorations.

You can use Emerald either through the fusion-icon or through opening up the CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM) and in the Window Decoration plugin, erase whatever command is in the "command" line and type:

Code:
    emerald --replace
    And that will let you use emerald on startup.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM