Firstly, I am not certain if the following issue is appropriate for this forum. If I should go elswhere please let me know.

Now to the problem. I have installed (newly) SuSE 11.2 and a few things which worked in version 11.1 do not work now. Essentially, flash movies as imbedded into news stories cannot be started and YouTube movies cannot be re-started once stopped in mid stream.
I attempted to decribe the problem in the Firefox forum but there where no takers. Thus I am trying my luck here. In order to describe what is installed on my PC, I am pasting what the Firefox forum software extracted from my machine.

Extensions installed

Open SuSe FireFox extension 1.0

Firefox version

Operating system
Linux x86_64

User Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 SUSE/3.5.4-1.1.2 Firefox/3.5.4

Plugins installed

* Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
* The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
* Plugin for Installing Applications (new)
* The IcedTea Java Web Browser Plugin 1.6 (suse-5.9.4-x86_64) executes Java applets.
* DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233
* The Totem 2.28.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
* nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Some of it may not be relevant to the problem, but I like to provide a thourough description.

Thank you very much for bearing with me and for taking time to reply.

-ve3fd