Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a website?

Dekkon NNTP User

Default Do you have a website?

Been trying to start a website, particularly and hopefully something interesting and creative on it eventually. Just want to see what other people have done, either professionally, or just a personal website.

Either way, do you have a website/blog, if so; do you mind posting it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Do you have a website?

I had a website, but I sold the domain, it was unmaintained.

I do hve a blog about Linux where I post now and then. Check it out: The Linux Space
    My Blog: http://pdg86.wordpress.com
    Arch Linux / openSUSE 11.2 / Slackware-Current

Lightbulb Re: Do you have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkon View Post
    Been trying to start a website, particularly and hopefully something interesting and creative on it eventually. Just want to see what other people have done, either professionally, or just a personal website.

Either way, do you have a website/blog, if so; do you mind posting it?

Thanks.
    Yes I have one at All Tech Development it used to be a free hosting site but I think they do that anymore they
    sell domains now at like $5 canadian per month.

always good to have a penguin with a bat for those nasty sharks
    Last edited by techwiz03; 17-Nov-2009 at 22:41. Reason: missed something
    When your up to your a** in Alligators it's pretty hard to remember you intended to drain the swamp (author unknown)

I just published my thoughts on SUSE, check it out.
    My Blog: http://pdg86.wordpress.com
    Arch Linux / openSUSE 11.2 / Slackware-Current

Blog Entries

One challenge/hobby for new users is to put a website in their homes. Apache in openSUSE (the LAMP server) works great for that. But it needs dedicated 24/7/365 Internet broadband.

I wonder how many here have home webservers.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

I have a LAMP server in the home, but it can not be reached from the Internet. Now this may seem ridiculous in times where everybody seems gready to exposing all hers/his private details to everybody, but it contains things I do not think of interest to others but to ourselves. And I find it easy to have it as a webserrver so otthers in the house can lokks at them easily.

What is to be found there:
    1) a lot of information about our systems (that is mostly for me as system manager);
    2) a database of all our books/maps associated with our travelling to mountai regions and to several countries and their cultures;
    3) two more databases about books of two other areas of interrest I have;
    4) the Statements of accounts of several bank accounts we have;
    5) a list of the monthly/yearly payments to be done (extracted from the data of Kaddress).

The data in 1) is gathered by runniing shellscripts on the systems (every week). 2) and 3) are PHP/MySQL implementations. 4) and 5) are shell scripts in cgi-bin.
    Henk van Velden

I have one too, see my signature... also run an LLP (Linux, Lighttpd, PHP) at home at neutrino.dynalias.net:8080 which really redirects to bitflip as currently the neutrino hostname is unsused but I plan to use it in the future

Blog Entries

I confine myself to the openSUSE page: User : Oldcpu - openSUSE

I have had a few different sites over the years, but right now, I am limited to just my photo sharing site.

Wilson Phillips, Photography, Natchez Mississippi, Kentwood Louisiana- powered by SmugMug

I had a Facebook account, but deleted it this morning. I got so tired of being invited to to follow some weird cause, smiled at, hugged, bumperstickered, poked, superpoked, anal probed, spanked, Yo'villed, Farm'villed, Mafia'villed, etc. Facebook refused to give us a one button solution to turn it all off. In fact, in the past few days, they changed it so that you can no longer simply click on the application and click Hide. You now have to search for the application and block it from there. That was the last straw. Good riddance.
    Free Fractal Wallpapers
    http://wilsonephillips.smugmug.com

@Wilson...

hmmm and you dropped out of the fun? esp the anal probing sounds like major fun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast