Thread: Locked up, now have some issues!!

Default Locked up, now have some issues!!

I was listening to amarok when my system locked up... I rebooted, and now I am having trouble. First, MP3's wont play. I tried to go to the repo and reload xine, etc, but now font errors keep popping up, and when I try to install anything from the repos it fails with;

Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
    error: error(-30987) setting "" records from Provideversion index
    error: db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
    error: error(-30987) setting "" records from Provideversion index

and repeats

any help?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Locked up, now have some issues!!

From a terminal post result of

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Thanks, I rebuilt the rpm database, (rpm --rebuilddb)which allowed me to re-install xine.. but MP3's still don't work..

here's the output of the zypper command

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | KDE_Community | KDE Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2 |
    2 | KDE_Core | KDE Core | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 |
    3 | KDE_Playground | KDE Playground | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Playground/openSUSE_11.2 |
    4 | Libdvdcss repository | Libdvdcss repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/vlc/SuSE/11.2/ |
    5 | Nvidia | Nvidia | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.2/ |
    6 | Packman Repository | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.2 |
    7 | google | google | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64 |
    8 | http-download.opensuse.org-dc0f15c1 | Updates for openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2 |
    9 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:/// |
    10 | packman | packman | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/factory |
    11 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.2-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    12 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
    13 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    14 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.2-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
    15 | vlc_ | vlc | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/vlc/SuSE/11.2/

Blog Entries

You need to remove 15, 10, 4

Change the priority of number 6 Packman to 90

You should follow this, obviously you didn't
    Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide - openSUSE Forums
    Leap 15.1_KDE

well, it was all working fine since I installed a few days ago.
    then the crash..
    then I clicked the "one click" media thing on the page you just linked thinking that would solve my issue by reloading the media stuff..
    But, then I got the errors.

So, I've removed those repos that the "one click" thing added (those one clicks are dangerous!) I've unconditionally updated anything w/ the words xine and MP3 in it, and mp3's still don't work...

I'm concerned about what all got damaged in the crash.. is there any way to tell? And what is the procedure for repairing it now that there is obviously some damage?

Ok, I unconditionally updated everything from packman, and MP3's work again.

Should I be worried about anything else being damaged? I guess I won't and just fix any issues I notice as I use my system.

Thanks for your help!!

Blog Entries

You should be OK.
    Don't use OneClicks

Look carefully at the Mutli-Media guide I posted. Check your priorities on Packman
    Take note of the new feature to Upgrade packages to the version in the selected repo
    ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I'm off to bed
    But if you want to post your repo info again. I'll look it over in about 5-6 hrs from now
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Hahah, no I think I'm good now.
    My repos are back to what they were yesterday (just KDE, SUSE, and Packman), I'm playing music, tested the few other things I use on a daily basis and they are all working fine.

No more one clicks for me! I've seen enough posts from other people who's repo's are all messed up from them.

Thanks! SUSE rocks!