Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

  1. #91

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Hi,

    I've got an ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 and I did following steps:

    zypper in kernel-source linux-kernel-headers kernel-syms module-init-tools make gcc

    sh ./sh ./ati-driver-installer-10-1-x86.x86_64.run

    This installation was succesful but the output of

    /usr/bin/aticonfig --initial
    /usr/bin/aticonfig: No supported adapters detected


    How must I keep on to get this run?


    Thank you so much!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,520
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Quote Originally Posted by suses87 View Post
    I've got an ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 and I did following steps:
    Are you certain that is supported? When I went to the ATI web site I saw no reference to that hardware being supported under Linux by ATI: Graphics Drivers & Software

    Also, when I type "man radeon" and "man radeonhd" I see no reference to the openGL radeon and radeonhd drivers supporting that hardware.

    You may be forced to try the VESA driver.

  3. #93

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Are you certain that is supported? When I went to the ATI web site I saw no reference to that hardware being supported under Linux by ATI: Graphics Drivers & Software

    Also, when I type "man radeon" and "man radeonhd" I see no reference to the openGL radeon and radeonhd drivers supporting that hardware.

    You may be forced to try the VESA driver.
    Thank you very much for your quick answer.

    Can you give me a link to an instruction where i can get the installation with the VESA driver?
    Thank you!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,520
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Quote Originally Posted by suses87 View Post
    Thank you very much for your quick answer.

    Can you give me a link to an instruction where i can get the installation with the VESA driver?
    Thank you!
    Note, the VESA driver comes with the rpm xorg-x11-driver-video which should be on your system by default.

    Type "man vesa" and you cnn read about it.

    I put some "practical theory" about openSUSE graphical drivers here:
    openSUSE Graphic Card Practical Theory Guide for Users - openSUSE Forums

    I hope that helps.

    Note I'll be away on business/vacation for the next 2 weeks with minimal to no access to this forum.

  5. #95

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    i can verify that the 9.12 propertiary driver with the 2.6.31.8-0.1 kernel

    1. zypper in kernel-source linux-kernel-headers kernel-syms module-init-tools make gcc kernel

    2. sh ./ati-driver-installer-10-1-x86.x86_64.run

    3. /usr/bin/aticonfig --initial

    4. restart x server

    my graphics card is an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Hmm...you say 9.12 driver, but you're installing the 10.1 driver (which works for me as well, and I'm one of the people the 9.12 driver didn't work at all for).

  7. #97

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusIguana View Post
    Hmm...you say 9.12 driver, but you're installing the 10.1 driver (which works for me as well, and I'm one of the people the 9.12 driver didn't work at all for).
    oh. my bad. i meant 10.1 driver. >.> sorry about that.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Where did you got the driver for the 5xxx series? It doesn't appear on the ATI download scrolling menus, only for the 4xxx.

    Maybe that's the problem ?

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: ATI Radeon Proprietary Driver Isnt work in OpenSuSE 11.2

    Have someone installed ATI Drivers for Radeon HD 4550 ? It hangs with a black screen.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •