Firefox bug, flashing black bar???

Sometimes when looking at a page in firefox, a flashing/occluding black bar covers and obscures about 1/4 of the page I am trying to read (vertically). I have not been able as yet to isolate whether some other app is causing this, f’rinstance I have only FF running as I write, and the bar was flashing on the last page of the forum that I read. It only happens on SOME sites, SOMETIMES, I can have other tabs open at the same time and they are fine… anyone else?

Turn off Firefox’s “Always use cursor keys to navigate within pages” option in

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> top option.

If that’s enabled, it causes the cursor to appear on the page allowing to scroll up and down like in a document.

BUT, if a table cell is 300px tall… the CURSOR is 300px tall. Making that huge black bar ickiness.

Hope this helps,

Loni

Hope this helps,

Loni

Thank-you, I am trying it right now, I will be very grateful if this is indeed the cause, I thought it would be a very long process of elimination, turning off plug-ins and extensions one-by-one and testing for hours with each until I found the culprit…, TYVM!:wink:

Ps Meh! :frowning: After reading and replying, I went directly to the preferences, and found the option was already “OFF”. Back to the drawing board. Anyone else?

Well drat! I had this problem and I believe that was the solution. Could also be that I have upgraded Firefox (or Firefox has been upgraded!) several times in the last few weeks.

Of course, this would be going out on a limb here… Which version of FF are you currently using? Maybe it’s been fixed. I’ve got FF 3.5.5-2.2, upgraded/installed on Nov 18th (Yesterday, Wednesday).

I remember having that problem during my trials with 11.2 m6 or so… and it was just for a few days, then it went away, I though because of the cursor thing. I jumped on the cursor idea since I had turned that feature on to try it out, and noticed a large black ‘column’ obscuring parts of a page. It blinked like the | cursor does, so I thought that was it.

Loni

lornix wrote:

>
> Well drat! I had this problem and I believe that was the solution.
> Could also be that I have upgraded Firefox (or Firefox has been
> upgraded!) several times in the last few weeks.
>
> Of course, this would be going out on a limb here… Which version of
> FF are you currently using? Maybe it’s been fixed. I’ve got FF
> 3.5.5-2.2, upgraded/installed on Nov 18th (Yesterday, Wednesday).
>
> I remember having that problem during my trials with 11.2 m6 or so…
> and it was just for a few days, then it went away, I though because of
> the cursor thing. I jumped on the cursor idea since I had turned that
> feature on to try it out, and noticed a large black ‘column’ obscuring
> parts of a page. It blinked like the | cursor does, so I thought that
> was it.
>
> Loni
>
I just check my version of FireFox from openSUSE repo and it is 3.5.4 and
its turned off, must be default since I have not changed it.

Russ
[openSUSE 11.2 (2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop, x86_64] KDE 4.3.3 release 1, Intel
Core 2 Dual E7200, 4 GB DDR III, GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)

3.5.4, bundled with openSuse 11.2. The problem was also there on 11.1 no matter what version/upgrades etc…