OpenLDAP 2.4 - Overlays Missing?

Hi there,

we have OpenSUSE 10.x 64bit installed on a box where we run the mailgateway “Axigen”. We now want to integrate OpenLDAP, so we can have shared contacts via LDAP/Thunderbird.

There is an existing tutorial from the Axigen Community, that shows how to install OpenLDAP and integrate it into Axigen. So i installed OpenLDAP 2.4 Package from the OpenSUSE Package.

Problem is: the tutorial says, that you need the “Overlays”

syncprov.la
memberof.la

to be present in

/usr/lib/openldap/modules

The standard 64bit RPM-Package for the OpenLDAP Server for OpenSUSE does not come with these files and i cant seem to find them elsewhere.

I did find the 32bit-Version of “syncprov.la/.so/…” and “memberof.la/.so/…” from other distributions, but they don’t work (of course…).

Is there any package i dont find which contains the needed “Overlays” for OpenLDAP (64bit)?

Thanks a lot for your help, guys.

These overlays are in openSUSE 11.4 in /usr/lib/openldap/modules.

I added the memberOf overlay on openSUSE 11.4 by creating these files and directories in /etc/openldap/slapd.d

FILE: cn=config/cn=module{0}.ldif

dn: cn=module{0}
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: modulea{0}
olcModulepath: /usr/lib/openldap/modules
olcModuleload: {0}memberof.la
structuralObjectClass: olcModuleList 

FILE: cn=config/olcDatabase={1}bdb/olcOverlay={0}memberof.ldif

dn: olcOverlay={0}memberof
objectClass: olcMemberOf
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcConfig
objectClass: top
olcOverlay: {0}memberof
structuralObjectClass: olcMemberOf

Once in place you need to restart slapd (/etc/init.d/ldap restart) and then you must remove all members from your groupOfNames and re-add them to create the association.