Unable to update

Hi,

Just installed 11.2RC …when am trying to get updates (Sudo zypper up ) it gives me an error message.Also when i try to refresh the repository …the system gives me an error …have attached a screenshot of the same …kindly assist

I assume you have a live Internet connection?

Please post result of this from a terminal

zypper lr -d

This is what i get…

salil@linux-3zbt:~/Desktop> zypper lr -d

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±-------------------------------±--------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±----------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | download.opensuse.org-oss | Main Repository (DEBUG) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
2 | download.opensuse.org-oss_1 | Main Repository (OSS) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
3 | download.opensuse.org-oss_2 | Main Repository (Sources) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
4 | download.opensuse.org-standard | Main Repository (Contrib) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/11.2:/Contrib/standard |
5 | download.opensuse.org-update | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2

Can you browse the net OK?

I’m going to recommend deleting all those repo’s and adding them back, are you OK with that.

yes am able to browse…well actually i did try that , i deleted them all and added then again through Yast(Community Repositories…Main Repo’s)…the same error…also read this under the most annoying bugs “The Net ISO images will call the factory repository. The URL for repositories needs to be changed from /factory/repo/oss to /factory-snapshot/repo/oss manually.”…not so sure what that means …Appreciate your help.

Delete them all
We are going to add them back Manually url method

OSS
Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss

NON-OSS
Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss

UPDATE
Index of /update/11.2

Use names as I have and just copy and paste the url’s

Guide on repo management here
Repository Management - openSUSE Forums

Thanks a Ton caf4926…that worked …well do i need to make any changes to the repo’s once the final Release is out???Also one last question …what difference would it make if i use “sudo zypper dup” instead of “sudo zypper up” on 11.2RC …both are giving me different output’s…Thanks again for you help.

Well done - And you are welcome;)

Those repo’s are fine.
I don’t do sudo
Just su in a terminal or a console login.

I did this from RC1 to RC2
I booted to level 3 - logged in as user, switched to su and did:

zypper ref
zypper in zypper libzypp
zypper dup

Between now and release, keep your 3rd party applications to a minimum (By that I mean stuff from Packman or other non standard repos)
Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide - openSUSE Forums

Just a word on priorities until after release.
Keep oss, non-oss and update at 99
Packman at lower eg:90

After you are at final 11.2
Use the settings in the Multi-Media guide.