Thread: How to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd

Question How to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd

I customed initrd myself, i know add libs at /ect/sysconfig/kernel, then mkinitrd you can add needed lib, but init script in the initrd, i want to execute some program, how to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd, and then i can used it in init script in the initrd. i know it can be added by manual.

Default Re: How to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd

maybe mkinitrd script hadn't this function, so i added it manual, i added some in initrd. iscsi.sh at /boot/, added iscsiadm and iscsid at /sbin/, added some libraries. cpio my own initrd, sync to iscsi storage, now i can startup SUSE ,but during boot ,at grub, i type:
    grub>root (hd0,0)
    grub>kernel /boot/vmlinuz ro root=LABEL=/
    failed....
    but,
    grub>kernel /boot/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/sda1
    ok!
    why, at RHEL or Cenos, to enhance stabilization, usually using like root=LABEL=

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd

Don't know if this is the place for your questions. AFAICS you changed the complete system. Therefore anything I can say would be a wild guess.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Smile Re: How to add bin files into initrd with mkinitrd

I know how to add modules to initrd using mkinitrd (option in /etc/modprobe.conf), i wonder if i want add some execute file or script to init script in initrd, can i also use mkinitrd? just like ,install suse with iscsi storage ,config advance storage and iscsi target, then install it.when you cpio the initrd-`uname -r`, you can see something different from local install in init script, like,
    /bin/iscsistart -t targetname -g 1, how it added? mkinitrd?