Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Maybe openSUSE needs something like Ubuntu's app center

Default Re: Maybe openSUSE needs something like Ubuntu's app center

Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    Me, I don't know what is an app center.
    Btw, it's called Ubuntu Software Center. Many newbies like it, but for the old schoolers, apt-get and synaptic are still available. Fun for the whole family!

Default Re: Maybe openSUSE needs something like Ubuntu's app center

Quote Originally Posted by floydrodery View Post
    If openSUSE ever wants to compete in the non-technical end user world, then I agree, something like an App Center is required. The moment an end user has to leave the comfort of the OS and head to the browser to search & install (minus yast & webpin), confusion follows.

I think another thing that's confusing to newcomers with the software install is the options available. I agree that options are a good thing, but options have their place. To a novice end user, should he/she use Yast, Webpin, software search, if they don't find it one of the places, which one do they use next?

Obviously stating rhetorical questions, but all in the defense that if openSUSE plains to make headway on the newcomer market, software installation must be improved.
    i agree with you entirely, but fortunately for us this is exactly what we are getting:

https://features.opensuse.org/310778

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456