Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: kernel-source missing?

  1. #1

    Default kernel-source missing?

    I'm trying to update kernel-desktop 2.6.31.3-1.1-i586 to kernel-desktop 2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1-i586
    I need kernel-desktop-devel to install nvidia driver but this package requires kernel-source 2.6.31.4-1.1.3

    Code:
    nothing provides kernel-source = 2.6.31.4-1.1.3 needed by kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1.i586
    
        [ ] do not install kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1.i586
    
        [ ] break kernel-desktop-devel by ignoring some of its dependencies
    Where can I get kernel-source 2.6.31.4-1.1.3 ?
    I can only find kernel-source 2.6.31.5-0.1.1 in the OSS repo.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,349
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: kernel-source missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by finders
    I'm trying to update kernel-desktop 2.6.31.3-1.1-i586 to kernel-desktop
    2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1-i586
    I need kernel-desktop-devel to install nvidia driver but this package
    requires kernel-source 2.6.31.4-1.1.3


    Code:
    --------------------
    nothing provides kernel-source = 2.6.31.4-1.1.3 needed by
    kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1.i586
    [ ] do not install kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.4-1.1.3.1.i586

    [ ] break kernel-desktop-devel by ignoring some of its dependencies
    --------------------


    Where can I get kernel-source 2.6.31.4-1.1.3 ?
    I can only find kernel-source 2.6.31.5-0.1.1 in the OSS repo.
    Hi
    I would imagine if the later kernel-source is there, then there is the
    matching kernel-desktop in the repository as well? If so can you not
    update both?

    Else have a look at the mirror list and see if there is a mirror with
    the matching kernel-source.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
    up 18 days 19:19, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.18


  3. #3

    Default Re: kernel-source missing?

    Thanks for reply, but I still can't find the solution.
    Are there mirrors for 11.2 repos? Because there's only factory on openSUSE Download Mirrors - Overview

    This is what I have installed now, before the update :
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep kernel
    kernel-source-2.6.31.3-1.1.noarch          
    kernel-desktop-base-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586      
    kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586     
    linux-kernel-headers-2.6.31-2.4.noarch     
    kernel-desktop-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586
    I'm using these repos :
    Code:
    # | Alias        | Name         | Enabled | Refresh | URI
    --+--------------+--------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | KDE4_Core    | KDE4 Core    | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/43/openSUSE_11.2/
    2 | Packman_11.2 | Packman 11.2 | Yes     | Yes     | http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.2/
    3 | X11_1        | X11          | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_Factory/
    4 | non-oss      | non-oss      | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss/
    5 | oss          | oss          | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/
    Should I just wait for RC2 release or there are some 11.2 mirrors I don't know about?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,349
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: kernel-source missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by finders
    Thanks for reply, but I still can't find the solution.
    Are there mirrors for 11.2 repos? Because there's only factory on
    'openSUSE Download Mirrors - Overview'
    (http://mirrors.opensuse.org/list/all.html)

    This is what I have installed now, before the update :

    Code:
    --------------------
    rpm -qa | grep kernel
    kernel-source-2.6.31.3-1.1.noarch
    kernel-desktop-base-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586
    kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586
    linux-kernel-headers-2.6.31-2.4.noarch
    kernel-desktop-2.6.31.3-1.1.i586
    --------------------

    I'm using these repos :

    Code:
    --------------------
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | URI
    --+--------------+--------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | KDE4_Core | KDE4 Core | Yes | Yes |
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.2/ 2 |
    Packman_11.2 | Packman 11.2 | Yes | Yes |
    http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.2/ 3 | X11_1 | X11 |
    Yes | Yes |
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/ 4
    | non-oss | non-oss | Yes | Yes |
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib.../repo/non-oss/ 5 |
    oss | oss | Yes | Yes |
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...11.2/repo/oss/
    --------------------


    Should I just wait for RC2 release or there are some 11.2 mirrors I
    don't know about?
    Hi
    The repos (factory-snapshot) contain a later version 2.6.31.5-0.1.1 (the
    oss one) therefore update the kernel-source and three kernel-desktop
    files?

    What I meant about the mirrors was to pick one and change the
    repository URL rather than use the redirector

    But it may pay to wait for a couple of days and get RC2

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
    up 18 days 20:45, 3 users, load average: 0.31, 0.14, 0.04
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.18


  5. #5

    Default Re: kernel-source missing?

    Thank you very much, found exactly what I needed at factory-snapshot. Updated now with no dependency problems.
    I haven't used this repo before, was updating milestones from Index of /factory/repo/oss

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    32,349
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: kernel-source missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by finders
    Thank you very much, found exactly what I needed at factory-snapshot.
    Updated now with no dependency problems.
    I haven't used this repo before, was updating milestones from 'Index of
    /factory/repo/oss' (http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/)
    Hi
    I would say it was a redirector issue as
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...11.2/repo/oss/ for me was
    resolving to the snapshot one, hence your error. I find using a local
    mirror is a safer solution

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
    up 19 days 0:21, 3 users, load average: 0.31, 0.25, 0.19
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.18


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •