Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.2 with KDE looks amazing

Default 11.2 with KDE looks amazing

No idea where to put this but, the upcoming openSUSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3 looks beautiful! I don't know where they're finding the designers - but, WOW. I'd put this desktop on a par with Mac now.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 11.2 with KDE looks amazing

I agree. The openSUSE-11.2 RC1 KDE-4.3.1 (with the 11.2 enhancements to bring it close to 4.3.2) is looking very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I agree. The openSUSE-11.2 RC1 KDE-4.3.1 (with the 11.2 enhancements to bring it close to 4.3.2) is looking very nice.
    What's the differences between 4.3.1 and 4.3.2?

palladium NNTP User

> What's the differences between 4.3.1 and 4.3.2?

most likely, bells and whistles.

--
    palladium

I still dont like the shades of green in the wallpapers and log in screens, it looks sickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaraIkeda View Post
    I still dont like the shades of green in the wallpapers and log in screens, it looks sickly.
    I think one needs to look at such a pix and translate the colour in one's mind.

Many many moons ago (long before I became a regular forum contributor, and long before the forum merge) I recall criticizing the ugly brown in a Ubuntu screen once, and someone rightly pointed out to me that such colour selections are subjective, and one needed to look at it and imagine what a colour change would do with one's chosen colour. i.e. as ugly as Ubuntu brown looked to me, changing it was easy to do.

I happen to really LIKE that green. But I concede its subjective. If you end up with such a setup with green, and you do not like it, then with KDE4 its incredibly easy to change.

I agree it looks impressive and very promising, but as I posted elsewhere I have still a few issues with it. Gnome user trying KDE 4.3, some issues - openSUSE Forums

I do not understand why it is so hard to make changes to the plasma themes, especially choosing a custom file for the panel background. I also think the startbutton is too small (not wide enough) to be practical.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I'd put this desktop on a par with Mac now.
    100 % agreed. Personally I find the default bright green wallpaper too hard on the eyes so I changed it to a snowy-white mountain background.

Apple, look out!
    "Darkness called But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."

it is subjective (as rightly stated) but I was the same when I tried ubuntu - that ugly brown put me right off (plus I have never been keen on gnome).

I just came over to SUSE from Mint 8 because of flash/java issues and I am totally impressed. I do, however, agree that the standard background is a bit tough on the eyes. I searched for OpenSUSE wallpapers and found many. I like darker screens and quickly found some nice ones.

KDE took a bit of time for me to adjust to and start to enjoy, but I just installed yesterday and have my desktop tweaked nicely. And I love SUSE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast