Thread: Rhythmbox Gstreamer Error ffmpeg

Default Rhythmbox Gstreamer Error ffmpeg

Hi guys,
    I have a problem with ffmpeg and opensuse 11.1
    I had to install again the OS; after installation of multimedia codecs (via opensuse community), I have this message trying to start rhythmbox:

(rhythmbox:10454): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(rhythmbox:10454): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple
    rhythmbox: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/librhythmbox-core.so.0: undefined symbol: gtk_entry_set_icon_from_stock

Can anyone help me, please?
    thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rhythmbox Gstreamer Error ffmpeg

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Default Re: Rhythmbox Gstreamer Error ffmpeg

Quote Originally Posted by matstardust View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a problem with ffmpeg and opensuse 11.1
    I had to install again the OS; after installation of multimedia codecs (via opensuse community), I have this message trying to start rhythmbox:

(rhythmbox:10454): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(rhythmbox:10454): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple
    rhythmbox: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/librhythmbox-core.so.0: undefined symbol: gtk_entry_set_icon_from_stock

Can anyone help me, please?
    thanks
    You need libgstreamer-0_10-0 >= 10.0.22... the one from Packman.
    The problem is you mixed gstreamer packages of Packman with others from openSUSE.
    At really it's a bug, the package should explicitly require libgstreamer-0_10-0 >= 10.0.22. Report the problem to Packman... or even better, ask gstreamer developers to start using symbol versioning.