Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem installing openSUSE

  1. #1
    martani_net NNTP User

    Unhappy Problem installing openSUSE

    I downloaded the Live CD KDE 4 and while trying ti install, it takes so long to load, almost 10 minutes, then it shows a shell while it supposed to show the graphical desktop http://twitpic.com/mtew5.

    I'm using a hp pavilion dv6700 and I am new to this system (linux in general), please help if you know how to install it.

    PS: the checksum is correct.
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Problem installing openSUSE

    There should be a media check option on the cd menu, did you try that?

    try booting to level 3, login as root and do:
    sax2 -r -m 0=vesa

    then : startx


    There is a thread here about it:
    Installation Problem Suse 11 - openSUSE Forums
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    martani_net NNTP User

    Default Re: Problem installing openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    There should be a media check option on the cd menu, did you try that?

    try booting to level 3, login as root and do:
    sax2 -r -m 0=vesa

    then : startx


    There is a thread here about it:
    Installation Problem Suse 11 - openSUSE Forums
    thank you, it worked perfectly, and it seems to detect all my drivers too

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Problem installing openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by martani_net View Post
    thank you, it worked perfectly, and it seems to detect all my drivers too
    Great news. Happy to be of assistance.
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  5. #5
    martani_net NNTP User

    Default Re: Problem installing openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Great news. Happy to be of assistance.
    Thank you again, here is a little post I wrote about the short time I spent no OpenSUSE <Martani/> Tech: My First Day Discovering OpenSUSE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Problem installing openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by martani_net View Post
    Thank you again, here is a little post I wrote about the short time I spent no OpenSUSE <Martani/> Tech: My First Day Discovering OpenSUSE
    Nice. Thanks for that
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •