Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How get rid of kupdateapplet's popup?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How get rid of kupdateapplet's popup?

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    I am not using the updater coz I do it manually, but if memory serves it works if you choose in yast2-local security-miscellaneous settings-file permissions,
    select "easy"

I also typically update manually. I don't rely on cron jobs, and I certainly don't like the idea of automatically updating my system. I do realize that you can set the updater to just notify you that updates are available, but then I'm back to cron jobs. Don't like 'em. I use YaST/zypper or smart.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_R View Post
    I'd be willing to bet, you haven't configured the updateapplet. I gave the above link in my previous post not just for the pictures, but so you could read, and follow the various links. I counted 5 links.

Now, if there is something in those pages that you don't understand, fine. But please take the time to read. I'll be happy to explain in more detail, if you need it, once you have read.
    What are you talking about? This page: KDE Updater Applet - openSUSE has only three external links:

Libzypp - openSUSE
    PackageKit - openSUSE
    GNOME/Updater Applet - openSUSE

NONE of them tell you how to properly use or configure the update applet.

right click applet, un-check automatically start updater on login.

LandisReed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12