Thread: help with gcc-4.4.2 compilers

c5f8 NNTP User

Default help with gcc-4.4.2 compilers

I am using Open-Suse 11.1. I need to install C++ and Fortran compilers. I installed Fortran from within Yast2. For the C++ I want the newest version so I downloaded gcc-4.4.2.tar.gz. I unzipped the tar-ball using tar -zxvf gcc-4.4.2.tar.gz. I bunch of directories with files were created.

The gcc-Fortran (version 4.3-34) execute command is gfortran file01.f, then, ./a.out to run.

With the new gcc-4.4.2 I'm stuck, without Yast I don't know what to do next. I read the README file and searched the internet high and low for instructions what to do to make the C++ and the new version Fortran run.

Any help will be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: help with gcc-4.4.2 compilers

Why go through the hassle of downloading and compiling. Try this. Index of /repositories/devel:/gcc Just pick which version (11.0, 11.1, Factory, that sort of thing) you need. For even more, look here Index of /repositories/devel:
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ask "if" something can be done, for it can always be done. Rather instead ask "How" can it be done.