Thread: amsn - (user permissions / packman repo)

xenergi NNTP User

Default amsn - (user permissions / packman repo)

Hi ive been searching for a solution to this for a while and could not find a specific instance in the forums.

I have installed Amsn 0.98-21.pm.29.1 (x86_64) through yast from the pack man repository.

The problem is i get error that there is a problem loading the TkCxImage module.

Amsn will run as root through the command line but will not run as the base user.

I really don't want to have to install from source as i want to keep the installation as easy to manage and update as possible.

I have found a few solutions on various sites and forums but nothing seems to help.

If needed please request what logs or other info you require.

System: OpenSUSE 11.1 (fully updated)
    Application: Amsn 0.98-21.pm.29.1 (x86_64)

Nick.

Default Re: amsn - (user permissions / packman repo)

Hi,
    I also use openSUSE 11.1, but the 32bits version, only to experience the same "TkCximage" problem ever since amsn-0.98 packages were introduced.

So I decided then to give KMess 2.0 a try. But unfortunately again, every openSUSE KMess package I found seems broken too and does not connect at all.

zenergi NNTP User

current update as of this day fixed the issue.

But i would like to thank all the people that managed to look at the post but could not provide any input at all.

The problem is now also solved for me, with the amsn-0.98-21.pm.32.1. Thanks to the packagers.