Thread: Read & Applied Stickies - Wireless Was Working

Default Read & Applied Stickies - Wireless Was Working

Really enjoying Suse, but wireless issue remains. I read through the Stickies and performed recommended actions. I will post the info from the command line later tonite, when I reach my ethernet cable.

Orginally my wireless card must have been working because my access point lists the host name but shows it inactive. I don't know when this occured. I may have worked during my playing around with the RAM version on the LiveCD. My latest install was a network install of 11.1, which I am currently referring to. I tried the ifup method and the Network Manager method. Both these methods produced working ethernet connections but neither allow for working wireless. I have summarized that the wireless card won't receive. It will scan and find the access points but it will not ping the access point.

I will post the required info tonite.

I appreciate any considerations for the moment

Steve
    Compaq Armada E500 Laptop
    OpenSuse11.1
    Cisco Aironet Wireless(Artheros AR50001X)

Default Re: Read & Applied Stickies - Wireless Was Working

Quote Originally Posted by sarnone View Post
    I will post the info from the command line later tonite, when I reach my ethernet cable.
    Then do so, any advise before that would be speculative, maybe misleading and not productive.

Thanks for the reply. Problem solved.

Steve

Just a little hint.

The idea behind a forum is to provide information.

Not only to enable other users to solve your problems but also to document your solution for other people with the same problem.