Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Leapard wipes user data a la "it just works (tm)"

Default Snow Leapard wipes user data a la "it just works (tm)"

Yep, yep... another new addition to this wonderful thing called Snow Leopard is wiping out all user data after user has logged in into the guest account. Upon re-logging into his normal account, the user will be presented with a nice, clean, brand-spanking-new looking account without any data in it, not even the pr0n the user spent so much time collecting it

Holy cr@poly.... "it just works (tm)"

Major bug in Snow Leopard deletes all user data

Default Re: Snow Leapard wipes user data a la "it just works (tm)"

Snowy Leopard thingy not so cool now. You just can't trust the big cats.

lol, I would love to see our resident Apple apologist Chrysantine respond to that. See how nice she'll try to justify it and twist around things

Spooky . I just had a similar thought as I reset to the main forum page only to see the link to your reply.

There's something in the air...

Danger! Microsoft loses T-Mobile Sidekick/Hiptop users' data - Computerworld Blogs

[sorry about the ad...]

@Confuseling
    That made my day. When Stone =1, DeadBirds = 2.

I dislike both those companies.

@microchip8
    Some of the comments now posted at the end of that article are priceless. A couple of them in the style of Chrysantine, but no pictures.

I'm caught in a strange emotional vortex... It's hard not to want to smirk at the misfortune of MS (I've got nothing against Apple personally - I've never owned one of their products, but I think they operate fairly, even if they don't sell anything I want), but then I feel like I'm smirking at the users. And I don't want to be - they really do have my sympathy. I imagine many of them thought that cloud backup was virtually fool-proof [insert chosen MS / fool joke here] - and I think they stated that they had an off-site backup.

I guess the lesson is that if your software doesn't let you control your own backup, get new software. I'm sure they don't want to hear that now - but when they do pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and come looking elsewhere, I don't think they'll be well disposed to see the difference between me smirking at their former service providers, and me smirking at them. Which I'm not. Or at least I hope I'm not...

I need to go to bed.

Just as I was thinking about how much I hate M$ and that Apple is the quiet observer that isn't hurting anyone, I got an iPhone and found out differently. IMHO, Apple is M$ x 2. The ONLY choice is Linux for anyone wanting to escape monopolizing business practices.

Apple is hugely proprietary, but you knew that going in. Didn't you? I haven't got an iPhone, but people I know that have, do like it. Although they are not linux users. What is the problem?

Blog Entries

So first they put BSD under the hood, now this. I simply cannot believe this is possible in any BSD. What the heck did they do to it? Called a friend who has trouble with his Apple, he read the first couple of lines of this post, says it's exactly that what happened to him. Which brings me to the MS subject: this guy has a full backup of his Leopard install and all data. Made with......dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb ...
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast