delta 1010 volume

I have a M-audio delta 1010 break out box sound card.
I am using alsa tools envy24control but I am missing the tab analog.
How can I change the balance and the volume I only hear sound on the left side.

If the audio device is configured correctly upon boot, typically this is done with a mixer. Kmix in kde, or alsamixer/amixer in gnome. There is also a gui frontend to alsamixer called alsamixer-gui.

If using openSUSE-11.1, you could provide more detail on your hardware and software audio configuration by running the following diagnostic script (in a konsole/terminal with your PC connected to the Internet) and post here the URL the script provides after the script has completed./usr/sbin/alsa-info.shIts possible we may see something that is not configured on your PC, if you provide us that script output URL.

upload=true&script=true&cardinfo=
!!################################
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.58
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Tue Oct 13 05:11:58 UTC 2009

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

Welcome to openSUSE 11.1 - Kernel \r (\l). openSUSE 11.1 (i586) LSB_VERSION=“core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-2.0-ia32:core-3.2-ia32”

!!DMI Information
!!---------------

Manufacturer: System manufacturer
Product Name: System name

!!Kernel Information
!!------------------

Kernel release: 2.6.27.29-0.1-pae
Operating System: GNU/Linux
Architecture: i686
Processor: athlon
SMP Enabled: Yes

!!ALSA Version
!!------------

Driver version: 1.0.17
Library version: 1.0.18
Utilities version: 1.0.21

!!Loaded ALSA modules
!!-------------------

snd_ice1712
snd_mpu401

!!Sound Servers on this system
!!----------------------------

ESound Daemon:
Installed - Yes (/usr/bin/esd)
Running - No

aRts:

Was there a problem running the script with your PC connected to the Internet?
**/usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh
**That copy and paste you gave me is severely truncated (or severely edited) to the point of NOT being helpful.

You should have been given a URL. For example, on my PC when I run the script I get:

Your ALSA information is located at http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2dbd2ac2fc19fa8130009d77a70898108997db8b

Please inform the person helping you.

If for some reason you do NOT get that line, then run the following:
/usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh --no-upload
which will copy the output to a text file alsa-info.txt in /tmp

Go to /tmp and open the text file alsa-info.txt with a text editor and copy the text file to a pastebin site such as pastebin - Type, paste, share. and post here the URL given to you by the pastebin site. Just the URL. Do NOT post the script contents.

Hopefully that is more clear to you. :\

No it opened a blue windows screen which asked me to update alsa-info because there was a newer version available. That I did and then I typed again /usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh

Is asked me to upload the script tom alsa or save it locally I did bith and posted the locally saved.

I do not know what “bith” means.

Note what you posted is incomplete. Please run the script again, and provide a URL pointing to where the output is on the web. I’ve provided you above a couple of ways in which this can be done.

sorry for my bad english I meant
“I did this and posted the locally saved.”

I will try your solutions later this day.
I am not at home at the moment.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=13078dbfa4e1bd08ebfdb06c89373af8e327e714

Thanks. I note a 32-bit openSUSE-11.1 with the 2.6.27.29-pae kernel with a ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 1010 hardware audio codec…

I looked at the mixer settings, and its clear I do not know enough about this device to offer any help there.

I am puzzled about your alsa version:

!!ALSA Version
!!------------

Driver version:     1.0.17
Library version:    1.0.18
Utilities version:  1.0.21

That suggests to me you attempted to update the alsa driver and did not completely succeed.

Can you please post the output of:

rpm -qa | grep alsa
rpm -qa | grep pulse
rpm -q libasound2
uname -a
cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound

I always succeed updating packages

linux-oz6f:/home/anton # cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound

options snd slots=snd-ice1712

hH_P.kinpUbvGVbE:M-Audio Delta 1010

alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712

Thanks. And also please the output of:
rpm -qa | grep alsa
rpm -qa | grep pulse
rpm -q libasound2
uname -a

linux-oz6f:/home/anton # rpm -qa | grep alsa
alsa-devel-1.0.18-8.12.1
alsa-utils-1.0.21-13.3
alsa-tools-1.0.21-4.4
alsa-plugins-jack-1.0.21-17.3
alsa-firmware-1.0.20-2.1
alsa-tools-gui-1.0.21-4.4
alsa-tools-devel-1.0.21-4.4
alsa-1.0.18-8.12.1
alsa-oss-1.0.17-25.11
alsamixergui-0.9.0rc1-743.13
alsa-plugins-1.0.21-17.3

linux-oz6f:/home/anton # rpm -qa | grep pulse
libpulse-browse0-0.9.14-2.2.1
libxine1-pulse-1.1.16.3-2.pm.5.1
libpulse-mainloop-glib0-0.9.14-2.2.1
pulseaudio-utils-0.9.14-2.2.1
libpulse0-0.9.14-2.2.1

linux-oz6f:/home/anton # rpm -q libasound2
libasound2-1.0.18-8.12.1

Linux linux-oz6f 2.6.27.29-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-08-15 17:53:59 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

sorry I normaly start up with the trace kernel (real time)
Is that a problem now , all I have posted sofar was made in pae kernel

yes, that can be a problem if you have updated from the 1.0.17/1.0.18 alsa, which you have.

You need to stick with one kernel. If your choice is the pae or trace, I recommend the pae. Why do you need the trace?

OK, I see a problem here. You have some alsa apps with out the corresponding alsa driver of the same version. That likely means some of your alsa controls (such as your volume control) will not work properly.

The guidance for updating alsa is here: Alsa-update - openSUSE Note one must send SIX zypper commands, one of which will install alsa-driver-kmp-pae.

Also, for the command that updates the alsa apps, I recommend you update alsa-devel, alsa-utils, alsa-tools, alsa-plugins-jack, alsa-firmware, alsa-tools-gui, alsa-tools-devel, alsa, alsa-oss, alsa-plugins.

Or simply roll back everything to 1.0.17/1.0.18 of alsa if you believe that will work.

Okay thanks , I normally always choose update all packages if there is a newer one.
I never check the versions keep the same number do I have to do that in the future
I hope not.

Am I getting then the tab analog in Envy24Control to change the volume ?