Thread: deleted desktop panel

Default deleted desktop panel

While trying to delete a widget from by panel, I deleted the panel itself by mistake. Stupid me. Now my desktop is being treated like the panel. That is, if I add a widget, it goes to the desktop instead of the panel.

How do I get the panel back?? I really miss it. I've looked in all the seemingly obvious places like "Configure Desktop", etc...

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: deleted desktop panel

If you right click your mouse and the widgets is unlock it will give you an option to add a panel
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    If you right click your mouse and the widgets is unlock it will give you an option to add a panel
    Unless he is using the standard KDE 4.1 included with 11.1, I dont remember it having a restore panel feature.
    No matter, to the original poster I suggest to install KDE 4.3 or even KDE 4.2, both are much better then KDE 4.1.
    I will give a tutorial if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraIkeda View Post
    Unless he is using the standard KDE 4.1 included with 11.1, I dont remember it having a restore panel feature.
    No matter, to the original poster I suggest to install KDE 4.3 or even KDE 4.2, both are much better then KDE 4.1.
    I will give a tutorial if you need it.
    That's good.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Thanks.

I installed KDE 4.3.1 and solved this problem.