Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Update to Firefox 3.5.3 and Xulrunner breakage

  1. #1

    Unhappy Update to Firefox 3.5.3 and Xulrunner breakage

    Hi.

    I updated Firefox today (3.5.3 from Mozilla repo) and I cannot start it anymore, having this message:

    Code:
    Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.1.3 and 1.9.1.3
    It appears that xulrunner has also been updated to appropriate version. Xulrunner dependency in Firefox lists exactly the version I have installed: 1.9.1.3

    AFAIK, when FF and xulrunner have issues it's because of different versions. This time the versions appear correct, so what could be the problem? Perhaps there's something lingering in the system that did not get updated/reinstalled?

    I tried installing FF and xulrunner from Factory repo, and I get the same problem.

    I currently have:

    MozillaFirefox-3.5.3-1.4 (x86_64) from Factory
    mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.3-1.4 (x86_64) from Factory

    But I tried reinstalling from Mozilla repo:

    MozillaFirefox-3.5.3-3.1 (x86_64)
    mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.3-5.1 (x86_64) -- mismatch?

    Please help. OpenSuse 11.1 x86_64.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Update to Firefox 3.5.3 and Xulrunner breakage

    Not _64

    Using Mozilla repo
    have FF: 3.5.3-3.1 from Mozilla

    mozilla-xulrunner190
    1.9.0.14-0.1.1 from Updates

    Updated today - all OK


    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Delta Quadrant
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: Update to Firefox 3.5.3 and Xulrunner breakage

    Look for multiple copies of xulrunner. Remove them all but the latest.
    Then run check for updates again.


  4. #4
    hwins NNTP User

    Default Re: Update to Firefox 3.5.3 and Xulrunner breakage

    Had similar issue. May want to try:

    Code:
    xulrunner -v
    Then go to the application.ini that firefox is using and find:
    Code:
    [Gecko]
    MinVersion=1.9.1.5
    MaxVersion=1.9.1.5
    and adjust appropriately.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •