Thread: opensuse 11.2 with xen support --> PC = freeze

dark26 NNTP User

Default opensuse 11.2 with xen support --> PC = freeze

Hello,

My home serveur :

CPU : Core 2 duo e6420
    Ram : 8 Go PC6400
    MB: gigabyte GA-GM33-DS2R

Actually, The serveur run on debian LENNY 64 bits ( kernel 2.6.26-2, with xen 3.2-1)

The guests machine are debian LENNY 64bits, image d/l from Stacklet | Create Virtual Images On The Fly

everything works fine.

I was waiting for opensuse 11.2 to migrate the guests, in order to have the support for xenpm ( cpufreq and cpuidle ), that comes with the new kernel and the new version of xen.

Even if i disable cpufreq and cpuidle at boot in the xen command line, after a few minutes, the system freeze, with the 3 led of the numeric pad blinking!!!

There is nothing in the log, telling me the reason... ( kernel ?? xen ?? ).

I think the problem can be reproduce easily.

http://stacklet.com/sites/default/fi...17.img.tar.bz2

By the way, i tried to create virtual machine directly with virt-Manager ( in yast ), and no succes.

Dark26

Default Re: opensuse 11.2 with xen support --> PC = freeze

To watch kernel crash Xen system has to be setup with serial console.View: XenParavirtOps - Xen Wiki
    For instance:-

title Xen dom0-test (2.6.31.5) with serial console
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /xen-3.4.gz dom0_mem=1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all com1=9200,8n1 console=com1
    module /vmlinuz-2.6.31.5 ro root=/dev/vg00/lv01 console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen
    module /initrd-2.6.31.5.img

root=/dev/../ for xenified kernel on OpenSuse 11.2 will be a bit different, like for your normal grub entry. Been connected via NULL modem cable to another Linux box Xen Instance will sent bootup messages to /dev/ttyS0 on the second box and provide you login prompt on the first one ( if Dom0 loaded ok). In case of system crash, kernel stack trace may captured in same file :-
    # cat /dev/ttyS0 | tee log
    In meantime i have same keyboard behaviour during crashes xenified kernel on OpenSuse 11.2 RC2(2.6.35-01).

Default Re: opensuse 11.2 with xen support --> PC = freeze

>By the way, i tried to create virtual machine directly with virt-Manager ( in yast ), and no succes.
    Same results:-
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=553604