opensuse 11.2 with xen support --> PC = freeze

Hello,

My home serveur :

CPU : Core 2 duo e6420
Ram : 8 Go PC6400
MB: gigabyte GA-GM33-DS2R

Actually, The serveur run on debian LENNY 64 bits ( kernel 2.6.26-2, with xen 3.2-1)

The guests machine are debian LENNY 64bits, image d/l from Stacklet | Create Virtual Images On The Fly

everything works fine.

I was waiting for opensuse 11.2 to migrate the guests, in order to have the support for xenpm ( cpufreq and cpuidle ), that comes with the new kernel and the new version of xen.

Even if i disable cpufreq and cpuidle at boot in the xen command line, after a few minutes, the system freeze, with the 3 led of the numeric pad blinking!!!

There is nothing in the log, telling me the reason… ( kernel ?? xen ?? ).

I think the problem can be reproduce easily.

http://stacklet.com/sites/default/files/debian/debian.5-0.x86-64.20090517.img.tar.bz2

By the way, i tried to create virtual machine directly with virt-Manager ( in yast ), and no succes.

Dark26

To watch kernel crash Xen system has to be setup with serial console.View: XenParavirtOps - Xen Wiki
For instance:-

title Xen dom0-test (2.6.31.5) with serial console
root (hd0,0)
kernel /xen-3.4.gz dom0_mem=1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all com1=9200,8n1 console=com1
module /vmlinuz-2.6.31.5 ro root=/dev/vg00/lv01 console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen
module /initrd-2.6.31.5.img

root=/dev/…/ for xenified kernel on OpenSuse 11.2 will be a bit different, like for your normal grub entry. Been connected via NULL modem cable to another Linux box Xen Instance will sent bootup messages to /dev/ttyS0 on the second box and provide you login prompt on the first one ( if Dom0 loaded ok). In case of system crash, kernel stack trace may captured in same file :-

cat /dev/ttyS0 | tee log

In meantime i have same keyboard behaviour during crashes xenified kernel on OpenSuse 11.2 RC2(2.6.35-01).

>By the way, i tried to create virtual machine directly with virt-Manager ( in yast ), and no succes.
Same results:-
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=553604