Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting XRDP working?

Default Re: Getting XRDP working?

Quote Originally Posted by plodder View Post
    Just a very quick last question: can you confirm that you opened the firewall?
    Thanks for the suggestion Plodder,

Yes, I am sure the Firewall is open. In fact, in situations like this, the Firewall is the first thing to get turned off. The testbench is in a "sheltered environment".

Regards, Martin

this sounds almost like the same problem that I had when 11.1 first came out. since nothing else has worked check this solution out, it might help

Quote Originally Posted by tom_enos View Post
    well it's still broken in the final release

but I got it working, and I'm using 11.1 32bit kde with kdm4 as login manager

edit /ect/pam.d/xrdp-sesman
    change it to

#%PAM-1.0
    auth required pam_unix.so shadow nullok
    account required pam_unix.so

at first I could only connect with a 800x600 display and could not change screen size. but with the rand utility I unchecked unify (in the remote connection) and every thing was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by snaiperis View Post
    Hi,

the suggestion was to change /etc/pam.d/xrdp-sesman file, but in my system (openSUSE11.1 i586), this file has exactly that content by default.

I've managed to overcome sesman login failed error by copying /etc/pam.d/xrdp-sesman to /etc/pam.d/sesman
    I.e. /etc/pam.d/sesman file was missing.

But know I have another error about screen depth. Does anyone can give a suggestion to solve this?

========
    connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3500
    sesman connect ok
    sending login info to sesman
    login successful for display 10
    started connecting
    rdpx11 channel is not present
    X11 RDP server started
    Screen depth is not 24
    ========

Regards,
    Mindaugas

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Since you started this thread I've rechecked twice to see if the method still works, with fresh installs of KDE and Gnome on a spare partition. Worked both times for me.
    Hi Swerdna,

Despite the tetchy tone to an earlier posting, I haven't given up yet!
    I to have done several more "clean" installs: including SLES 11, openSUSE 11.1-M8 & 11.2.

My interim conclusion is, if I include LDAP (on any of the platforms I've tested), it won't work.
    Now, whether this information is of any use to anyone, I don't know.

But unfortunately, it is important to me that both XRDP and LDAP should work on the same host.

But it does stop working if I add both Desktop Environments (KDE and Gnome) concurrently and try to switch from one to the other.
    I only have KDE installed.

Xrdp in openSUSE as crafted for the "Nomad" project has some wrinkles to be got out yet.
    Interesting... "as crafted for"? Does that mean that there are other implementations of this (MS RDP client to SuSE host) technology. Forgive the naive question - I'm new to this field ;-)

Regards, Martin

Blog Entries

Check gnome-rdp and krdc (rpd clients). Presumably these run with xrdp from the standard repo rather than the Nomad repo. I haven't tried those combinations of client and server.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Check gnome-rdp and krdc (rpd clients). Presumably these run with xrdp from the standard repo rather than the Nomad repo. I haven't tried those combinations of client and server.
    Sorry, couldn't have defined the question properly?
    In my situation, the client has to be the MSTSC (Microsoft Terminal Server Client) as used on our Wise ThinTerms and XP workstations.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by tom_enos View Post
    this sounds almost like the same problem that I had when 11.1 first came out. since nothing else has worked check this solution out, it might help
    Thank you for the advice Tom?

The second suggestion seems(?)something along the lines of the advice in Nomad - openSUSE - in that an extra file is needed in the /etc/pam.d folder? As a newbee, I wonder... "why"?

In snaiperis suggestion the additional file is called sesman and the Nomad folk call it gdm? If the name is important, both fixes couldn't work. If the name is not important, why won't xrd-sesman do the job? Or does it?

Because, being a mere automaton, I did as Nomad suggest (copy xrdp-sesman to gdm, as part of the initial install) and it worked (with caveats).
    If I now rename gdm, it still works? So what are these pam.d files doing? In fact, if you take it to the next stage and rename xrd-sesman, the logon fails! Therefore (in my situation?), both fixes are not needed but xrdp-sesman is?

Confused... Martin

I've been playing around with xrdp on 11.2RC1. I get the same authentication problem martin reported in the beginning.

Is there some documentation around somewhere that describes how the session authentication is meant to work??

Clearly I don't have the packages proven to work, since they aren't available for 11.2 yet.

Curiously, the xorg-x11-server-extra-7.4.60.1.x86_64 says in Yast that is contains Xdmx, but no Xdmx is listed in installed files.

I presume Xdmx is needed and am going to build from source....more later.
    HP ML110G5 E8400 2GB
    openSUSE 11.1, 11.2RC2 x86_64
    eVGA 8400GS PCI

Hi guys,
    Has anyone got Nomad working on opensuse 11.2? I installed yast-rdp but it tries to install xrdp but cannot find it. I search for xrdp for 11.2 and cannot find it either?
    Thanks,
    Nick
    opensuse 12.1 x86-64 kde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nsalem View Post
    Hi guys,
    Has anyone got Nomad working on opensuse 11.2? I installed yast-rdp but it tries to install xrdp but cannot find it. I search for xrdp for 11.2 and cannot find it either?
    Thanks,
    Nick
    RPMs haven't been produced for general consumption in 11.2 -- but I notice the OBS search contains factory RPMs: xorg-X11-server-dmx and xorg-X11-server-rdp and xrdp. You could try them out.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Thanks swerdna. I'll probably wait till they become available as part of 11.2. In 11.1, there was a lot of talk about nomad. In 11.2, I haven't heard anything. Sometimes its hard to know what is going on, what improvements are planned and so forth.
    opensuse 12.1 x86-64 kde

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast