Thread: QCdbase -cdfly, can't mount CDs.

Question QCdbase -cdfly, can't mount CDs.

Hi!

I just installed QCdbase -cdfly catalogers (from repos, they have the latest versions).
    The only problem is that they can't see the contents of CDs-DVDs, that are on my dvd-ram drive. A problem that I had with some other catalogers I tried.
    They are giving an error that the disk is unmounted and they can't mount it. (Although the disk IS mounted and I have access on it with nautilus).

For QCdbase -cdfly, the error messages are:
    Code:
    The media is not mounted.
    Would you like CdFly to try to mount the device?
    Y/N
    Code:
    Failed to mount device, verify that the specified device node is correct.
    I have opensuse 11.1 x64 with gnome, and I tried both with the default dynamic mount point as well setting a static mount point at /dev/cdrom.

Was someone able to bypass this difficulty and setting up properly these apps?

Blog Entries

Default Re: QCdbase -cdfly, can't mount CDs.

They are giving an error that the disk is unmounted and they can't mount it. (Although the disk IS mounted and I have access on it with nautilus).
    The device is usually hal/desktop mounted (automatically). Your software may not like this (re expected mount-point for example).

Didn't you ask this question here?

Default Re: QCdbase -cdfly, can't mount CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    The device is usually hal/desktop mounted (automatically). Your software may not like this (re expected mount-point for example).

Didn't you ask this question here?
    Hi deano!
    THANKS for your help!!!
    Indeed I asked there how to set a static cd mount point, and with the kind help of the other guys, I managed to setup it.
    The problem is, none of the catalogers is satisfied with neither the dynamic auto-mount, nor the static one /dev/cdrom.

Since I asked for the creation of the static mount poin at the original thread, and that problem is solved, I preferred to start a new thread.

Cool Re: QCdbase -cdfly, can't mount CDs.

On a second thought, one can always copy the cd contents, on a local directory at /home and scan these contents instead.

A "without cataloger" solution, may be listing the cd contents (eg. giving ls -R) and redirecting the output to a text file on the hard disk and using these text files or combining them to a simple database (eg. at open office). Or maybe writing a small program (eg. at freebasic) for doing this job.

OK! Just thoughts!