Please forgive the off topic post!

As a self employed small business consultant. I depend on my laptop for work and more.
I use Amarok, OpenOffice, Gimp, Digikam, Kaffeine, Acroread and much more.

I depend on WiFi connections at home and out on the field ie: Coffee shops, airport and hotels.

I have been a Suse Linux user since ver. 7. I am currently using OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE i64.
Lately I find myself doing a lot of fixing and making adjustments on my laptop.
As a result, my consulting work is suffering.

I am currently having an issue with NOT being to connect to external WiFi connections.
I have spent days unsuccessfully trying to find the SOLUTION.

Do you know a Linux consultant I can hire?
I am looking for Linux Professional that knows what he is doing and (for a fee)can help me fix the occasional blimps that I come across.

Drop me a note if you know and are willing to recommend someone.

Thanks,

riberto@usa.net

As a self employed small business consultant. I depend on my laptop for work and more.
I use Amarok, OpenOffice, Gimp, Digikam, Kaffeine, Acroread and much more.

I depend on WiFi connections at home and out on the field ie: Coffee shops, airport and hotels.

I have been a Suse Linux user since ver. 7. I am currently using OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE i64.
Lately I find myself doing a lot of fixing and making adjustments on my laptop.
As a result, my consulting work is suffering.

I am currently having an issue with NOT being to connect to external WiFi connections.
I have spent days unsuccessfully trying to find the SOLUTION.

Do you know a Linux consultant I can hire?
I am looking for Linux Professional that knows what he is doing and (for a fee)can help me fix the occasional blimps that I come across.

Drop me a note if you know and are willing to recommend someone.

Thanks,

riberto@usa.net

Please stick to the forums rules and don’t cross post.

It’s an annoyance to other users.

Nothing wrong with the post I doubt (though I am not in a position to say), but nevertheless, please do not cross-post.

Please forgive the off topic post… - openSUSE Forums

Also, you might want to request that a mod change it so it doesn’t publicise your email address? If people have suggestions, they can PM you.

You might try installing the Gnome network manager – works a treat for me where the KDE NM doesn’t. Or are u using Gnome already? Indeed, I was taking my laptop on site to jobs and running KDE. It was a disaster – always playing up. I re-installed openSUSE, switched to Gnome and it’s sweet as a nut now. I think the KDE interface is not yet mature enough to be used in a “business” context (sadly). Maybe another year or two :frowning:

Wicd is also good (and a bit less drastic than DE surgery…)

Yes, wicd is a good wireless connection manager,
you can download it from here:
Webpin

goodluck