how do you uninstall this system? 11.1

It takes too much to access help functions. It akes hours to reasearch basic questions. You guys (Novel) got hurt years ago in the networking business when MS got into the networking business. Open office can’t hold light to Office.
Heck I can’t even get your own product (VirtualBox) to work on this OS suse 11.1 YES, I’ve updated. I can see when it boots that it fails to load the module. At least Ubantu can do that without jumping through hoops. From what I’ve seen all you guys want are “screen shots”.
Oh and the way you’re talking to a guy who used to work on the XT’s with DOS 2.2. Being retired I refuse to relearn new command lines. When I built commands and menus in the old DOSs and in dBase and in coupule of other things. I went by the KISS principle and made contingencies just in case.

>:( I’m just about to low level format these disks and get rid of this. I’ll have to think about the next distro to dual boot probably Ubantu to cross over.

If you want to hear more about this thing and why you don’t oggles of people trying to use SUSE give me a ring at bchisenhall@roadrunner.com

Looks like Tsunami hit you.
If you have questions/problems you can ask here. You never ask of any thing and ending the things in “screen shots”. Yes, we love to share screen shots and HELP as well.

M$ --is this topic new here–
VB --NOVELL???–

To mods: Looks like a rant, not asking for any help except to uninstall 11.1.

EDIT:
1 minute search throw this:
http://forums.opensuse.org/install-boot-login/421510-please-please-help-how-remove-suse-11-1-a.html

Ummm … just for the record, VirtualBox isn’t a Novell/Suse product. It’s from Sun Microsystems.

I installed VirtualBox 3.0.4 from the Build repositories and it works famously on my OpenSuse 11.1 system here at home.

Oh and the way you’re talking to a guy who used to work on the XT’s with DOS 2.2.

And my first “PeeCee” was a Zenith Z100 using DOS 1.0. Didn’t even have subdirectories back then; everything was in One Big Main Directory on the floppies. :slight_smile:

I’m just about to low level format these disks and get rid of this. I’ll have to think about the next distro to dual boot probably Ubantu to cross over.

No need to do that, unless you just want to. Simply insert the Ubuntu installation CD and tell it to reuse the entire hard drive.

Sorry you weren’t satisfied with OpenSUSE, but if you want to go back to Ubuntu, please do so, and I wish you nothing but the best.

By the way … you know it’s a very bad idea to post your email address publicly? As it so happens, this forum is password-protected, but as a general rule, anytime you do that, a spam bot will inevitably find that email address and start sending you junk mail.

Just a suggestion.

Indeed, dschis does appear to be a bit frustrated.

dschis, if you have difficulty removing 11.1, please post here or in another thread if you wish. I’m confident a number of our users will assist you if you have problems.

If you are planning to replace openSUSE-11.1 with another Linux distribution, the installer of that distribution should handle everything for you, and it should be very smooth (at least it should be smooth if you pick a good distribution). If you are planning to replace 11.1 with a Windoze variant (WinXP, Vista or some other variant) you may need pay attention to the hardrive’s MBR which may or may not have grub installed. The post of mmarif4u that I quoted gives guidance there.

If instead you decide to keep openSUSE please post some specific questions with sufficient details that help can be given by our forum members.

Please note this is a support forum for openSUSE staffed almost entirely by volunteers of all sorts. We, the users on this forum, do not package openSUSE. Rather we provide support.

If you wish to simply rant, we have a “soap box area” http://forums.opensuse.org/soapbox/ where we prefer such rants to be located. … This “applications” area in our forum where you posted your post is for users who actually WANT help, not for those who want to RANT.

Good luck in your efforts.

… and finally, a note to our forum membership … for those like me who really like openSUSE, please leave your flame throwers parked somewhere else and NOT on this thread. I will lock this thread if it degenerates to a flame throwing session.

I setup Sun Microsystem’s Virtual Box on a couple of PCs, both running openSUSE-11.1, over the weekend with winXP as a client. Works great on both.

In particular on our Dell Studio 1537 laptop, I setup the virtual box image under /home/virtualbox, such that my wife and I can each access that virtual box winXP from our individual logins. …

> dschis;2045018 Wrote:
>> bchisenhall@roadrunner.com
>
> By the way … you know it’s a very bad idea to post your email address
> publicly? As it so happens, this forum is password-protected, but as a

maybe he likes spam as much as he likes MS-DOS and Ubuntu…

probably needs to stick with what he likes…that would be my
suggestion…otoh, maybe it is all just a ruse to see how many s/he
can provoke into sending mail to that account…

each one who does being added to the long list of current, live
addresses he will spam or sell to other spammers…

so, use CAUTION and don’t foolishly write him/her directly!

platinum

For that reason, please moderators, remove the address from the post. Many forum users will try to react ( I was tempted but for mentioned reason did not), and be hit by misery. The rant’s simply not worth it.

Sorry about the rant guys, I actually kind of like SUSE. I set EVERYTHING up in Ubantu in 2 hours this morning though with Virtual machine, XP as a slave (Yep, I’m switching over to Linux) I love the ext3 file system. I hate the fact I have to keep Windows for the stuff that Linux in general can’t drive (yet), but that’s not Linux’s fault.

Suse’s apps in general is better than Ubantu, but buggier. I might load on something else around here and try it.

I’ll see if I can find that thread too.

Thank you for listening

Yep I did dos 1.1 too. I guess we swap stories about Commodore 64’s (with a cassette), heck I rememeber showing a nephew how to program his TRS-80.

Old Goatis is hitting me

Boy, glad your world is happy and shiny again… Now for the future: Please remember to ALWAYS be polite when posting - even when you think Apocalypse has finally come.