Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Gnome 2.28 is amazing!!!

Default Wow, Gnome 2.28 is amazing!!!

GNOME 2.28 Release Notes

After another 6 months of intense development, the Gnome team is proud to announce that they have banned icons in menu buttons, and have spent many many hours to bring their dedicated fans a new and exciting version of Tetris!!!!

But there should be no fears for long time Gnome fans as the entire interface is still as butt-ugly as ever, and the team has exceeded all expectations in totally ignoring user requests for improvements in look and feel, and managed to do nothing at all useful.

Good on you lads .
    HP dv6645, Nvidia 8400m-gs, KDE 4.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wow, Gnome 2.28 is amazing!!!

Ahah, ... another happy gnome user!

Good to see that KDE4 users have company in their desktop satisfaction.

There's always xfce, Enlightenment and LXDE.

In all fairness, the development of Gnome 3 is going on behind the scenes, and not being put in maintenance releases.

Causing quite a schism among gnomers. There is a (or probably are several) slightly hysterical thread on the Ubuntu forums about it, and a less hysterical but still kind of doubtful one on Arch.

I haven't tried it myself. I like the tile and scale compiz plug ins. If they break those, I'll have to defect to XFCE.

GNOME..... wuts dat?

Gnome Not On My Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by growbag View Post
    GNOME 2.28 Release Notes

After another 6 months of intense development, the Gnome team is proud to announce that they have banned icons in menu buttons, and have spent many many hours to bring their dedicated fans a new and exciting version of Tetris!!!!

But there should be no fears for long time Gnome fans as the entire interface is still as butt-ugly as ever, and the team has exceeded all expectations in totally ignoring user requests for improvements in look and feel, and managed to do nothing at all useful.

Good on you lads .

I love it! That's too funny!

Well 2.28 is not the focus of the Gnome developers. 2.30 or 3.00 is the goal so why would anybody expect something unseen in 2.28. It's upgrade of 2.26. It's nice that Epiphany finaly switched to Webkit. The real major change is scheduled for March

Blog Entries

Will it have some of the features implemented that KDE3 had when it was released? Just kidding (couldn't resist).

Nah - I think they're skipping straight ahead to KDE 4. Apparently they're having problems making their widget engine crash literally every time you open a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuseling View Post
    Nah - I think they're skipping straight ahead to KDE 4. Apparently they're having problems making their widget engine crash literally every time you open a program.
    Maybe they should call Microsoft up and get some tips on crashing things.
    Once you install a modem, the government can look into your computer and watch everything you do! That's why every night before I go to bed, I turn the monitor to the wall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast